    how to obtain Powerpoint?

    Thanks

    Trevor Smith
    Trevor Smith, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Trevor Smith

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Trevor Smith" wrote in message
    news:tnJ7e.31640$

    > I need to view something which has been sent to me with Powerpoint.
    > My computer (windows xp) does not appear to have this. Can anyone
    > let me know how to obtain Powerpoint?

    Microsoft PowerPoint is licensed software, i.e. you need to pay for it. You
    can buy it separately or as part of Microsoft Office. Alternatively, if you
    just need to be able to view / print the presentation you've been sent then
    you can download and install the free PowerPoint Viewer...

    PowerPoint Viewer 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4
    Dave Lear, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Trevor Smith

    Keme Guest

    Trevor Smith wrote:
    > I need to view something which has been sent to me with Powerpoint. My
    > computer (windows xp) does not appear to have this. Can anyone let me know
    > how to obtain Powerpoint?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Trevor Smith

    The MS viewers are nice, compact utilities. If you want to open the
    presentation for editing but don't want to pay the MS office price, you
    can download OpenOffice for free. It hasn't failed me once on opening MS
    office documents, though the powerpoint presentation rendering isn't
    always perfect (neither is the rendering of other document types).

    In a few ways the OpenOffice package shows its "cheap" nature, with
    simpler templates and some "clunky" features. Still, it is not much the
    lesser compared to MS Office. In some respects it is even better (though
    that often depends on personal taste):

    - It runs on Win98, which the latest MS Office suites will not do. (An
    open source product more MS compatible than current MS products!)
    - It seems to have better national language support in some areas.
    - It uses less disk space (current SW footprint, with DB interface,
    about equals MS Office standard, which is without a proper DB interface
    AFAIK. Document sizes I've seen average approx. 50% of equivalent MS
    Office documents).
    - The drawing tool.

    Check it out at http://www.openoffice.org
    Keme, Apr 17, 2005