    reduce the size of this file or do I need to resize all the photos in
    Photoshop or something?

    Thanks
    eugene, Feb 8, 2008

  2. eugene

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 23:44:17 -0000, "eugene" <> wrote:

    >Hi guys (and dolls I guess),
    > I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that sorted but
    >now have another problem. My son has to do a small presentation and I have
    >made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show. However, this has to be mailed to
    >his teacher and the file is over 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I
    >reduce the size of this file or do I need to resize all the photos in
    >Photoshop or something?

    You could try to zip it up using Winzip or Rar. But there's really no
    reason unless there's 100 or more images that it should be 20 megs.
    I'd first try reducing the quality of the images.
    Evan Platt, Feb 9, 2008

  3. eugene

    Mike Easter Guest

    eugene wrote:

    > I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that
    > sorted but now have another problem. My son has to do a small
    > presentation and I have made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show.
    > However, this has to be mailed to his teacher and the file is over
    > 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I reduce the size of this file
    > or do I need to resize all the photos in Photoshop or something?

    If the pics are too 'big' filesize (and likely screensize as well) they
    should be removed and resized (and resampled) and replaced.

    I like to use IrfanView for that and I don't have a Photoshop. Irfan
    has a gizmo so that you can click 'experimentally' reduce the pic
    screensize using the minus button to determine what screensize pic you
    want, then it has a resize/resample function so that you can input that
    percentage reduction of the screensize according to a configurable
    filter so that the result will be a filesize appropriate for the
    appropriate screensize and the resampling will result in a good quality
    of the reduction. Then both the screensize will be appropriate and the
    filesize will be smaller. The format of the pic should be appropriately
    selected depending upon what kind of pic it is, so that the .gif, .jpg,
    or .png will be the most efficient.

    Those who are familiar with photoshop or gimp or other graphic
    manipulators can do it their own way.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Feb 9, 2008
  4. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > eugene wrote:
    >
    >> I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that
    >> sorted but now have another problem. My son has to do a small
    >> presentation and I have made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show.
    >> However, this has to be mailed to his teacher and the file is over
    >> 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I reduce the size of this file
    >> or do I need to resize all the photos in Photoshop or something?

    > If the pics are too 'big' filesize (and likely screensize as well) they
    > should be removed and resized (and resampled) and replaced.
    >
    > I like to use IrfanView for that and I don't have a Photoshop. Irfan
    > has a gizmo so that you can click 'experimentally' reduce the pic
    > screensize using the minus button to determine what screensize pic you
    > want, then it has a resize/resample function so that you can input that
    > percentage reduction of the screensize according to a configurable
    > filter so that the result will be a filesize appropriate for the
    > appropriate screensize and the resampling will result in a good quality
    > of the reduction. Then both the screensize will be appropriate and the
    > filesize will be smaller. The format of the pic should be appropriately
    > selected depending upon what kind of pic it is, so that the .gif, .jpg,
    > or .png will be the most efficient.
    >
    > Those who are familiar with photoshop or gimp or other graphic
    > manipulators can do it their own way.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    I thought that I might have to do all of that but I was hoping for a quick
    fix. Thanks
    eugene, Feb 9, 2008
  5. eugene

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "eugene" <> wrote in message
    > Hi guys (and dolls I guess),
    > I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that sorted but
    > now have another problem. My son has to do a small presentation and I have
    > made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show. However, this has to be mailed
    > to his teacher and the file is over 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I
    > reduce the size of this file or do I need to resize all the photos in
    > Photoshop or something?

    You can download WinZip, free for about 60 days of usage, and if you are
    using XP you can use XP's zip file utility.
    Mr. Arnold, Feb 9, 2008
  6. eugene

    G. Morgan Guest

    eugene wrote:

    >Hi guys (and dolls I guess),
    > I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that sorted but
    >now have another problem. My son has to do a small presentation and I have
    >made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show. However, this has to be mailed to
    >his teacher and the file is over 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I
    >reduce the size of this file or do I need to resize all the photos in
    >Photoshop or something?
    >
    > Thanks

    As others said -- ZIP it up first, that will compress it a lot. Then you can
    upload it to a free file hosting site like www.megafileupload.com (Google 'file
    hosting' for more) and then send the teacher a link to the file. She can then
    download it at her convenience.

    --

    -G
    G. Morgan, Feb 9, 2008
  7. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > eugene wrote:
    >
    >>Hi guys (and dolls I guess),
    >> I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that sorted
    >> but
    >>now have another problem. My son has to do a small presentation and I have
    >>made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show. However, this has to be mailed
    >>his teacher and the file is over 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I
    >>reduce the size of this file or do I need to resize all the photos in
    >>Photoshop or something?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > As others said -- ZIP it up first, that will compress it a lot. Then you
    > can
    > upload it to a free file hosting site like www.megafileupload.com (Google
    > 'file
    > hosting' for more) and then send the teacher a link to the file. She can
    > then
    > download it at her convenience.
    >
    > --
    >
    > -G

    I resized all the pics but the file was still 15mb yet it posted okay. I'll
    keep all suggestions in mind for future reference. Thanks everybody
    eugene, Feb 9, 2008
  8. eugene

    Anthropy Guest

    On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 01:17:45 -0000, "eugene" <> wrote:

    >"G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    >> eugene wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi guys (and dolls I guess),
    >>> I was here the other day asking about Powerpoint and I got that sorted
    >>> but
    >>>now have another problem. My son has to do a small presentation and I have
    >>>made a pretyy amateurish Powerpoint show. However, this has to be mailed
    >>>his teacher and the file is over 20mb and is too big to mail. How can I
    >>>reduce the size of this file or do I need to resize all the photos in
    >>>Photoshop or something?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> As others said -- ZIP it up first, that will compress it a lot. Then you
    >> can
    >> upload it to a free file hosting site like www.megafileupload.com (Google
    >> 'file
    >> hosting' for more) and then send the teacher a link to the file. She can
    >> then
    >> download it at her convenience.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> -G

    >I resized all the pics but the file was still 15mb yet it posted okay. I'll
    >keep all suggestions in mind for future reference. Thanks everybody

    Try www.yousendit.com . Join, (for free) and you can send up to
    100MB's worth of data. You upload your file to the Yousendit website
    then send your recipient a link. they click on it to download it via
    their email client. No proprietary software installed!!! great.
    Anthropy, Feb 9, 2008
  9. eugene

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Sounds to me like the image format is wrong. If your images are .tiff or
    ..bmp then you should change them to .jpg. All your power point pics should
    be Jpg and you can use Irfanview to change them.

    pcbutts1, Feb 9, 2008