  1. Jeri

    Jeri Guest

    Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

    Jeri, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Jeri

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Jeri" wrote in message news:4IE7e.26400$9i7.5350@trnddc04

    > Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

    With the limited information supplied...

    Use PowerPoint (costs money) instead of looking at the .PPT file using the
    PowerPoint Viewer (free download).

    Dave Lear, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Dave Lear wrote:

    > "Jeri" wrote in message news:4IE7e.26400$9i7.5350@trnddc04

    >> Can anyone tell me how to Edit with Powerpoint? I can only view.

    > With the limited information supplied...

    > Use PowerPoint (costs money) instead of looking at the .PPT file using
    > the PowerPoint Viewer (free download).

    An alternate (does not cost money) is the open source and
    free-as-in-beer OpenOffice suite.

    http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.org/tutorial/MS_Powerpoint_to_OO_Impress.html

    <q>

    This tutorial converts Microsoft Powerpoint Presentations to Sun Office
    or Open Office Presentations.

    When opening a Powerpoint presentation using Open Office, the slide
    transition settings do not always convert and are not applied. You will
    need to manually set the transition settings using Open Office Impress
    (Presentation).

    Once you have set the transitions, you can save in MS Powerpoint format
    and the transitions will work for both Powerpoint and Open Office
    Presentations.

    </q>

    Available for download: http://www.openoffice.org/

    (Also available for probably $10US or so at http://cheapbytes.com.)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Jeri

    Jeri Guest

    Thanks