    stop mode
    no disc will work.

    Brendan

    Barry day, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Barry day

    TCS Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:12:12 GMT, Barry day <> wrote:
    >i use powerdvd xp 4.0
    >but today it stopped working i insert a dvd and press play but it remains in
    >stop mode
    >no disc will work.

    What happens if you remove the DVD driver (in device manager) and do a
    refresh to reinstall it?
    What happens if you remove and reinstall the software?
    What happens with other DVD player software?
    What about if you swap out the DVD drive with another?

    TCS, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Barry day

    Barry day Guest

    i have uninstalled /re-installed power dvd a few times and no improvement at
    all it remains in STOP
    note: if don't re-install it other application/s wont play dvds either.
    do i need a new version of power dvd?
    how do i set the dvd rom player to all regions?
    is there software that will make it all regions?
    Brendan

    Barry day, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Barry day

    Barry day Guest

    windows media player seems to work and real one player but just not powerdvd
    and to some extent Interactual player says adjust some display thing.
    i am not versed in PC shit so i have no idea what the f--k is going on.
    Brendan

    Barry day, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Barry day

    Barry day Guest

    Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.
    BD

    Barry day, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Barry day

    Prot Guest

    Did you purchase PowerDVD or did you just download the trial version?
    If it's the trial version, then your time ran out so now it will not
    work. If you find that WMP works, then just use that, otherwise you
    will have to fork out the cash to buy it.

    BTW, what software came with your dvd rom drive? WinDVD 3.0 came
    with mine, but I no longer use it as I use WMP or Nero Showtime to
    view dvds.

    Prot, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Barry day

    TCS Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:41:42 GMT, Barry day <> wrote:
    >Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.

    Time to try a different drive.

    TCS, Jun 7, 2004
  8. Barry day

    TCS Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:44:49 -0500, TCS <> wrote:
    >On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:41:42 GMT, Barry day <> wrote:
    >>Power dvd refused to play a CD as well.

    >Time to try a different drive.

    oh wait a minute. I thought powerDVD was a different player.

    I'm glad you've established tht powerDVD doesn't work for you.
    As another poster pointed out, did you pay for it or was it a trial version?

    Try a different player. If it works then problem solved.
    If not, then replace the drive.

    TCS, Jun 7, 2004
  9. Barry day

    Barry day Guest

    Power DVD is the software that came with the computer for the dvd rom drive.
    Brendan

    Barry day, Jun 8, 2004
  10. Barry day

    Barry day Guest

    the drive it self works, not a hardware prob.

    Barry day, Jun 8, 2004
  11. Barry day

    snyder

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    PowerDVD Annoying

    Yep, same thing is happening to me, except my PowerDVD came embedded in my Emachine system. What's annoying is that it worked good for a year, and I havent done anything that would cause it to malfunction that I know of. Also, it still burns CDs and plays Audio CDs, but I can only rarely get it to playback DVD movies, which is annoying because I really enjoy watching DVDs on my computer. I have a copy of that movie "The Machinist" and I want to watch it but it doesnt work. I tried like all sorts of players but they don't work.

    However, I notived that powerdvd started encouraging me to upgrade at about teh same time that it stopped functioning, and it wasnt a trial version. It just wants me to buy an upgrade, so I think it is causing all my system to fail playback of DVD's. I think it's annoying considering tha amount of times of rebooted trying to fix it. I don't like rebooting my computer too much.

    snyder, Oct 27, 2006
  12. Barry day

    snyder

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Odd Dvd

    I just discovered a connection between the file called pdvdserv.exe and the screensaver. My screen saver also stopped working and I didnt realize it might be related. But apparently this pdvdserv.exe file can be deleted and it will restore the functionality of the screensaver. I think pdvdserv.exe has something to do with remote control. My screensaver has been on the blink for some time. What's odd is that powerdvd plays audio cds and mp3s but it still wont play a DVD, even though I have the encoder.

    snyder, Oct 28, 2006
  13. Barry day

    ACDCfreak666

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    I live in Sydney Australia
    PowerDVD XP 4.0 won't play.

    Hey smart people.
    Iv'e been having the same problem, can somebody help me?
    I simply put in a DVD and press play on PowerDVD XP 4.0 and it immediatly stops. It just wont play...and for some reason I don't think kicking the computer will help. Ive searched TONNES of other websites but none of them actually explain the answer. Yes iv'e tried un installing it and re installing.
    Can somebody please help me?
    It would be much appreciated.
    Cheers,

    Person who knows nothing about PowerDVD.

    ACDCfreak666, Oct 25, 2007