PowerDVD. Does it still work?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Patrick D. Rockwell, Jun 30, 2004.

  1. "I'm thinking of replacing my TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502 internal DVD drive
    with a DVD CD burner. With my present DVD drive, I'm able to to screen
    captures
    of DVD's with PowerDVD 4.0. Originally, when I was looking for something
    that
    would do DVD screen capture's, I tried Hypersnap, but I couldn't get it to
    work.

    Finally, PowerDVD 4.0 DID work. The last time that I was on the hyperonics
    website
    looking for the latest version of Hypersnap, I looked at one of it's forums,
    and saw this
    reply to a question about how to do screen captures of DVD's.

    -------
    Sorry, we are unable to capture from many new DVD players now. Microsoft has
    changed the "DirectShow" technology used by DVD players in a way that make
    screen captures from them virtually impossible. I think they are trying to
    protect movies against copying, or something.
    -------

    You'll find that at
    http://www.hyperionics.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=221

    If I get a new DVD burner to replace my present DVD drive, will PowerDVD
    still do screen
    captures? Thanks in advance.

    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Biz Guest

    "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > "I'm thinking of replacing my TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2502 internal DVD drive
    > with a DVD CD burner. With my present DVD drive, I'm able to to screen
    > captures
    > of DVD's with PowerDVD 4.0. Originally, when I was looking for something
    > that
    > would do DVD screen capture's, I tried Hypersnap, but I couldn't get it to
    > work.
    >
    > Finally, PowerDVD 4.0 DID work. The last time that I was on the hyperonics
    > website
    > looking for the latest version of Hypersnap, I looked at one of it's

    forums,
    > and saw this
    > reply to a question about how to do screen captures of DVD's.

    > -------
    > Sorry, we are unable to capture from many new DVD players now. Microsoft

    has
    > changed the "DirectShow" technology used by DVD players in a way that make
    > screen captures from them virtually impossible. I think they are trying to
    > protect movies against copying, or something.

    > -------
    >

    > You'll find that at
    > http://www.hyperionics.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=221
    >
    > If I get a new DVD burner to replace my present DVD drive, will PowerDVD
    > still do screen
    > captures? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --
    > Patrick D. Rockwell

    If you still use it, and it works, it will work when you change drives. As
    long as hardware acceleration is off in the advanced video properties in
    PowerDVD config, it should work fine.

    Biz, Jun 30, 2004