    Anybody had that problem? What is a solution.
    Yeah, I downloaded it from PowerDVD, it a trial version for 30 days. I did
    not pay for it yet.
    dizum, Jan 26, 2006

  2. dizum

    chuckie® Guest

    I have the aforementioned software on five computers and haven't had the
    difficulties that you mentioned. I would suggest that you contact Cyberlink
    and see if you, perhaps, got a faulty download...

    chuckie®, Jan 26, 2006

  3. dizum

    Tony Guest

    "dizum" <> wrote in message
    >I installed PowerDVD deluxe to my PC, P4 1.6, 96M RAM, 20G drive.
    > Installation tested all modes and drivers, everything passed OK.
    > When I first started PowerDVD, it worked. I got initial screen. When I put
    > DVD into the drive and pressed Play button, I got full screen of black
    > color, no picture. Sound was working, but no picture.
    > I rebooted computer.
    > Now whenever I start PowerDVD software, it goes immediately to full black
    > screen.
    > Anybody had that problem? What is a solution.
    > Yeah, I downloaded it from PowerDVD, it a trial version for 30 days. I did
    > not pay for it yet.

    Could be lack of memory - you have 96 MB and min requirement is 128 MB.
    What O/S you using?
    Tony, Jan 26, 2006
  4. dizum

    dizum Guest

    As I installed additional memory, I try to run a installation test. It did
    not run anymore, just a black screen.
    Everything else on my PC is running. There cannot be a hardware problem.
    Anybody have an idea? I take anything,
    Thank you guys for helping.

    dizum, Jan 26, 2006
  5. dizum

    dizum Guest

    I am sorry, I forgot to say, I am running Win98SE, all updates.
    DirectX 9.c installed as PowerDVD demanded it.

    dizum, Jan 26, 2006
  6. dizum

    johan de b Guest

    johan de b, Jan 26, 2006
  7. dizum

    John Inzer Guest

    dizum wrote:
    > I installed PowerDVD deluxe to my PC, P4 1.6, 96M RAM,
    > 20G drive. Installation tested all modes and drivers,
    > everything passed OK.
    > When I first started PowerDVD, it worked. I got initial
    > screen. When I put DVD into the drive and pressed Play
    > button, I got full screen of black color, no picture.
    > Sound was working, but no picture.
    > I rebooted computer.
    > Now whenever I start PowerDVD software, it goes
    > immediately to full black screen.
    > Anybody had that problem? What is a solution.
    > Yeah, I downloaded it from PowerDVD, it a trial version
    > for 30 days. I did not pay for it yet.

    ==================================
    Maybe you need to update your video driver.

    You could try reducing your Graphics Hardware
    Acceleration and if it helps you probably have a
    video driver issue.

    (263391) How to Change the Graphics
    Hardware Acceleration Setting in Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263391

    --

    John Inzer
    John Inzer, Jan 26, 2006
  8. dizum

    Pete Mansell Guest

    "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > dizum wrote:
    >> I installed PowerDVD deluxe to my PC, P4 1.6, 96M RAM,
    >> 20G drive. Installation tested all modes and drivers,
    >> everything passed OK. When I first started PowerDVD, it worked. I got
    >> initial
    >> screen. When I put DVD into the drive and pressed Play
    >> button, I got full screen of black color, no picture.
    >> Sound was working, but no picture. I rebooted computer.
    >> Now whenever I start PowerDVD software, it goes
    >> immediately to full black screen.
    >> Anybody had that problem? What is a solution.
    >> Yeah, I downloaded it from PowerDVD, it a trial version
    >> for 30 days. I did not pay for it yet.

    > ==================================
    > Maybe you need to update your video driver.
    >
    > You could try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration and if it helps
    > you probably have a
    > video driver issue.
    > (263391) How to Change the Graphics Hardware Acceleration Setting in
    > Windows
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263391

    Just what I needed - thanks.
    Pete Mansell, Jan 26, 2006
  9. dizum

    John Inzer Guest

    Pete Mansell wrote:
    > "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    >> dizum wrote:
    >>> I installed PowerDVD deluxe to my PC, P4 1.6, 96M RAM,
    >>> 20G drive. Installation tested all modes and drivers,
    >>> everything passed OK. When I first started PowerDVD, it
    >>> worked. I got initial
    >>> screen. When I put DVD into the drive and pressed Play
    >>> button, I got full screen of black color, no picture.
    >>> Sound was working, but no picture. I rebooted computer.
    >>> Now whenever I start PowerDVD software, it goes
    >>> immediately to full black screen.
    >>> Anybody had that problem? What is a solution.
    >>> Yeah, I downloaded it from PowerDVD, it a trial version
    >>> for 30 days. I did not pay for it yet.

    >> ==================================
    >> Maybe you need to update your video driver.
    >>
    >> You could try reducing your Graphics Hardware
    >> Acceleration and if it helps you probably have a
    >> video driver issue.
    >> (263391) How to Change the Graphics Hardware
    >> Acceleration Setting in Windows
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263391
    >>

    > Just what I needed - thanks.

    You're welcome.