Power Tab Editor - Guitar Tab Freeware

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by TX harp, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. TX harp

    TX harp Guest

    I am new to POWER TAB editor- had it for awhile but never really
    figured it out.
    What I am trying to do seems very simple- but I cannot seem to get it
    to work.

    I would like to simply add notes to a musical staff- so I can practice
    reading music. I just want to be able to add notes to the TREBLE CLEF -
    and then print out a sheet.

    For a simple example- I might want to practice the SPACES on the staff-
    FACE - so I would just add those notes too the staff.
    Later I might print out EGBDF- the LINES on the staff.

    IF there is another program or way to do this - that would be fine
    too. Power Tab just looks like it would work for the task- but I cannot
    even figure out how to add notes to my NEW file- I click on the quarter
    or half note- but I cannot get the notes to appear on the staff.
    Thanks
    TX Harp

    TX harp, Sep 19, 2005

  2. TX harp

    coldplayer

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Power Tab Problem Response

    There are six lines underneath the staff on the program when you open it. You put numbers on these lines. The lines represent the strings on a guitar. The bottom string is the 6th string and the top one is the 1st string on the guitar. The numbers represent the fret on the guitar. So, if you were to put a number one on the top string which is the same as first string, first fret on a guitar, an F note should appear on the staff. If you have any more problems with the program, you should try looking at the help menu.

    Coldplayer

    coldplayer, Mar 5, 2008