    small power supply comming off the HD drive. I assume this is pretty
    std stuff otherwise the cards would not sell. PC is XP2000, 512MB ram
    and already have AGP 4x card.

    david blakemore, Jan 27, 2004

  2. david blakemore

    Syphillus Guest

    "david blakemore" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi,
    >
    > think of buying a new graphic cards but the latest model requires:
    >
    > Requires an available hard disk drive power dongle (smaller floppy
    > disk drive connector is not sufficient)
    > - Requires 300W above power supply
    >
    > What does this mean. I've opened up my pc and there is a large and
    > small power supply comming off the HD drive. I assume this is pretty
    > std stuff otherwise the cards would not sell. PC is XP2000, 512MB ram
    > and already have AGP 4x card.

    That means it requires the larger molex power clip, like the one that powers
    the HD.
    Not the the tiny one that plugs into your floppy or fans for instance.
    The power rating for your Power Supply should be printed on a sticker on the
    unit...
    If you only have one hard drive and one or two cd drives power should not be
    a problem...

    I would definitly suggest getting a cooling fan for the new graphics card
    heat sink...
    which does use a tiny dongle power clip.... remember more power more
    heat....

    --
    Syphillus

    Syphillus, Jan 27, 2004