    http://www.directron.com/tt450ss4fanc.html

    There's an 'Overclockers' link that has a good breakdown on it.

    Thanks for looking at it.
    Jess Fertudei, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Jess Fertudei

    Bradley26 Guest

    what you can do is have another regular power supply and hook that one in,
    whichever is largest, into the motherboard and the other PS for the
    disks/cd, and if needed, the video board extra power thing

    the only thing you must do is tie grounds together, in several places just
    to be safe

    the regular cheap power supplies sell for $30 or so

    "Jess Fertudei" <> wrote in message
    > I am replacing a power supply on a budget. I also want to have enough
    > umpffff for future budget upgrades (looking toward XP2600 or 3000, 333 or
    > 400 board maybe, 1GDDR DVD burner Radeon 9100) possibly in future. I also
    > need to quiet this thing down a bit, if I can. I just cannot afford the

    top

    Bradley26, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Well... I just don't know *what* to think now.

    To determine that the issues in my other thread were from the PS, I
    diconnected both CDburner and DVD drive. It seemed to boot OK... but just
    now it didn't seem like it was ever going to POST to a point that I was just
    about to decide it was dead. Having those drives disconnected did not help I
    guess. <SIGH>

    Not sure where I'm going to go with this next.

    Jess Fertudei, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Jess Fertudei

    Bradley26 Guest

    does the motherboard have the little LED's to show the point in bios its at?

    one of the first things pc bios does is check the sanity of the northbridge,
    read out the e2prom data from the memory stick, configure the northbridge,
    then move data to/from memory

    if the system memory is bad or not responding? it will hang with no boot up
    screen.

    if one of your PCI boards is choking the bus, you can remove all pci boards,
    all disks and use one memory stick

    if you tear into the PC, put a voltmeter on the +5v line, and also the line
    for cpu power. if you can figure out which regulator chip you can monitor
    the actual cpu voltage

    was the cpu overclocked? could it be worn out?

    Bradley26, Sep 28, 2004