    Is there such a thing or is my imagination playing tricks on me?.....

    Just asking....

    Larry
    larry, Jun 28, 2005

  2. larry

    Stickems. Guest

    It's called sleep mode. My keyboard has a key for this, it has on it a
    sleeping crescent moon.

    Stickems., Jun 28, 2005

  3. larry

    Pat Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:46:56 -0400, "larry" <> wrote:

    >Greetings
    >
    >I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a form of power saver on some
    >versions of windows....First the screen saver mode kicks in... .. the next
    >power saver actually turn off the video card.. hard drive... and virtually
    >turns the computer into a dumb machine...
    >The only thing the computer does is to look at the keyboard... When a key is
    >pressed it takes a few seconds to bring everything else back up....
    >
    >Is there such a thing or is my imagination playing tricks on me?.....
    >
    >Just asking....
    >
    >Larry

    Power Saving or Sleep mode. Yes. I don't know about Win95 but Win98 and up
    has it. I'm guessing you are using Windows, since you didn't say. In W98,
    right click on the desktop, select Properties, select Screen Saver, select
    Settings under Energy Saving Features of Monitor. You'll find some options
    pick what you want. The monitor has to be compliant, most are. The settings
    may be reached differently with other versions of Windows.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Jun 28, 2005