    Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.

    Rgds Simon

    Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro
    Hooter, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Hooter

    Harrison Guest

    Your touch pad drivers don't seem to be restarting correctly from
    suspend mode.
    You could use the power settings to disable hibernation or to change
    the timeouts. I always set a laptop to always on when connected to AC
    power.
    Also, you should press the power button to bring it out of
    hibernation.
    You may also want to check with Dell support. Just brush up on your
    Hindi-English before you call :)

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:54:59 +0000 (UTC), "Hooter"
    <> wrote:

    >If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
    >saving) but when I press a key
    >to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable to
    >click or double click with it. I can only
    >click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
    >fine.
    >
    >Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.
    >
    >Rgds Simon
    >
    >Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro

    Harrison
    Live on Skype:windowshelp
    WTF's Skype?
    www.skype.com
    Harrison, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Hooter

    Hooter Guest

    Tks very much for info
    Please don't tell me Dell's call centre is also in India.
    What is this country coming to !!!
    I work for BA, and all they want to do is send what they can to
    Pune Mumbai.

    Rgds Hooter

    Hooter, Oct 20, 2003
  4. Hooter

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:54:59 +0000 (UTC), Knowing that it was a
    Hollywood invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Hooter"
    <> wrote :

    >If my laptop is dormant for a little while it shuts down (obviously power
    >saving) but when I press a key
    >to fire it up again the mouse pad moves the arrow pointer but I am unable to
    >click or double click with it. I can only
    >click with the mouse pad buttons. If I restart the laptop, everything is
    >fine.
    >
    >Any ideas ?? can be very annoying.
    >
    >Rgds Simon
    >
    >Laptop: Dell Inspiron 8200 win xp pro