  1. WHich is the better program to use for DVD players, Power DVD or WINDVD?
    Why won't Windows Media Player play DVD's?

    Hugh

    Hugh Sutherland, Jul 9, 2003

  2. "Hugh Sutherland" <> wrote in message
    > WHich is the better program to use for DVD players, Power DVD or WINDVD?

    I have bother PowerDVD and WinDVD. They both work fine. It's really just a
    matter of personal preference.

    > Why won't Windows Media Player play DVD's?

    It will....once you have DVD software installed. Media Player does not ship
    with the necessary CODECS to do DVD.

    Oxford Systems, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    db Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > In a desperate cry for help Hugh Sutherland said:
    >
    > > WHich is the better program to use for DVD players, Power DVD or WINDVD?
    > > Why won't Windows Media Player play DVD's?
    > >

    > Maybe because WMP isn't written to play DVD's
    >
    > --
    > www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    > freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    My Windows Media Player plays DVDs, no problem.
    I also use Power DVD.
    db

    db, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Hugh Sutherland

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help db said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> In a desperate cry for help Hugh Sutherland said:
    >>
    >>> WHich is the better program to use for DVD players, Power DVD or WINDVD?
    >>> Why won't Windows Media Player play DVD's?
    >>>

    >> Maybe because WMP isn't written to play DVD's
    >>

    > My Windows Media Player plays DVDs, no problem.
    > I also use Power DVD.
    > db

    Because you have DVD software and codecs, WMP doesn't include them as part of
    it's install.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 9, 2003
  5. Hugh Sutherland

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Brian H¹© said:

    > In a desperate cry for help db said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Maybe because WMP isn't written to play DVD's
    >>>

    >> My Windows Media Player plays DVDs, no problem.
    >> I also use Power DVD.
    >> db

    > Because you have DVD software and codecs, WMP doesn't include them as part of
    > it's install.

    OK, I'll admit that I didn't type what I meant first time round.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 9, 2003
  6. what codecs do I need to get WMP to play DVD's?
    You'd think Bill Gates would get on the ball about this............

    Hugh

    Hugh Sutherland, Jul 9, 2003
  7. Hugh Sutherland

    Brian H¹© Guest

    In a desperate cry for help Hugh Sutherland said:

    > what codecs do I need to get WMP to play DVD's?
    > You'd think Bill Gates would get on the ball about this............

    What and get into another monopoly row again?

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 9, 2003
  8. Howdy!

    > WHich is the better program to use for DVD players, Power DVD or WINDVD?

    My JVC DVD player.

    Of the two choices, WinDVD does a bit smoother, but PowerDVD is
    cheaper. And on today's hardware, you won't notice much, if any,
    difference.

    > Why won't Windows Media Player play DVD's?

    Because "it was too expensive to include the licensing for the VOB
    decryption algorithms within Windows Media Player, a free download." To
    quote Microsoft.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 9, 2003