    512 m.
    2.0 processor.
    60gb.
    George&Ade, Jul 12, 2003

  2. George&Ade

    halfalifer Guest

    What was the problem?
    "George&Ade" <> wrote in message
    news:FCXPa.442$...
    > Still no luck
    > by going back to an earlier restore point.
    > I think someone mention going into the "bios".
    > Not being very experienced with pcs,im afraid i have no idea whatsoever

    what

    halfalifer, Jul 12, 2003

  3. George&Ade

    °Mike° Guest

    You have obviously started a new thread about a topic that I,
    and probably a great deal more people, have absolutely *no*
    idea what you are talking about.

    You should stay in the original thread, so that people can
    follow what has gone on before, and advise you accordingly.
    Do not start a new thread, unless the topic changes accordingly.

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:32:21 +0100, in
    <FCXPa.442$>
    George&Ade scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 12, 2003
  4. George&Ade

    George&Ade Guest

    Sorry..when I leave laptop (Toshiba)unattended,it shuts down after 30
    minutes.Ive gone to the control panel and clicked on power options,but the
    options box is "grayed out" but I can see the system is set to turn off
    after 30 minutes.Its only started doing this today......thanks

    George&Ade, Jul 12, 2003
  5. George&Ade

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:32:21 +0100, In this world we created
    "George&Ade" <> wrote :

    >Still no luck
    >by going back to an earlier restore point.
    >I think someone mention going into the "bios".
    >Not being very experienced with pcs,im afraid i have no idea whatsoever what
    >this entails.
    >Maybe someone would be good enough to sit down and "walk me through" this
    >procedure step by step please.
    >If someone can do this for me,i will print off the reply and follow the
    >instructions...(i will also reply and thank all helpers)......many thanks.
    >Windows XP home.
    >512 m.
    >2.0 processor.
    >60gb.

    In the BIOS the option for ACPI must be enabled.
    Then you can run the Control Panel/Add New Hardware Wizard and you
    should have the Advanced Configuration Power Interface BIOS entry in
    the Device Manager/System section for the power options to correctly
    appear.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jul 12, 2003
  6. George&Ade

    °Mike° Guest

    That's odd, you said, "It's only started happening today", on
    Thursday.

    Read you manual on how to enter the BIOS setup screen, then
    enable the option for ACPI power management.

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:49:13 +0100, in
    <nSXPa.86$>
    George&Ade scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 12, 2003
  7. George&Ade

    Boomer Guest

    "George&Ade" <> wrote in

    > Sorry..when I leave laptop (Toshiba)unattended,it shuts down after
    > 30 minutes.Ive gone to the control panel and clicked on power
    > options,but the options box is "grayed out" but I can see the
    > system is set to turn off after 30 minutes.Its only started doing
    > this today......thanks "halfalifer"
    > <> wrote in message
    >> What was the problem?
    >> "George&Ade" <> wrote in message
    >> > Still no luck
    >> > by going back to an earlier restore point.
    >> > I think someone mention going into the "bios".
    >> > Not being very experienced with pcs,im afraid i have no idea
    >> > whatsoever

    >> what
    >> > this entails.
    >> > Maybe someone would be good enough to sit down and "walk me
    >> > through"

    > this
    >> > procedure step by step please.
    >> > If someone can do this for me,i will print off the reply and
    >> > follow the instructions...(i will also reply and thank all
    >> > helpers)......many

    > thanks.
    >> > Windows XP home.
    >> > 512 m.
    >> > 2.0 processor.
    >> > 60gb.

    <Quote>
    A Quick Way to Power Options
    At the Command Prompt Type “powercfg.cpl” Press Enter
    </Quote>

    http://discuss.50plus.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/001736.html

    Via http://tinyurl.com/gqs8
    Boomer, Jul 12, 2003
  8. George&Ade

    George&Ade Guest

    Whats really odd.you said in an earlier text..."I,and probably a great deal
    more people,have absolutely no idea what you are talking about".....but it
    seems ....you did!!!

    George&Ade, Jul 12, 2003