Power of a Mavica...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Plurkestein, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Plurkestein

    Plurkestein Guest

    My digi-camera is an oldie, Sony MVC-FD83, appr. 3 years old. It stores the
    pictures on a 3 1/2 inch diskette.
    A few months ago the power seemed to get less. The battery pack (NP-F330)
    had to be recharged more often.
    Now, after taking a few pictures and the amount of minutes of power in the
    display still shows plenty (90-120 min.), the camera suddenly shuts down.
    When charging the batterypack, normally the charge-led stayed on an hour or
    more, now it stays on a few seconds and then goes out.
    Is this the batterypack, that needs replacement? Does anybody has had the
    same problem ever?

    The batterypack is not cheep overhere (Euro 60,--). That maybe is a good
    reason to consider buying a new camera and donate the good old Mavica to a
    museum... :)

    --

    (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ ¸.·'´)¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
    «´¨`·.¸¸ . Plurkestein ¸¸.·´¨ `»

    Plurkestein, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Plurkestein

    m Guest

    Plurkestein wrote:
    > My digi-camera is an oldie, Sony MVC-FD83, appr. 3 years old. It stores the
    > pictures on a 3 1/2 inch diskette.
    > A few months ago the power seemed to get less. The battery pack (NP-F330)
    > had to be recharged more often.
    > Now, after taking a few pictures and the amount of minutes of power in the
    > display still shows plenty (90-120 min.), the camera suddenly shuts down.
    > When charging the batterypack, normally the charge-led stayed on an hour or
    > more, now it stays on a few seconds and then goes out.
    > Is this the batterypack, that needs replacement? Does anybody has had the
    > same problem ever?
    >
    > The batterypack is not cheep overhere (Euro 60,--). That maybe is a good
    > reason to consider buying a new camera and donate the good old Mavica to a
    > museum... :)

    You'll be able to get 3.5 floppy drives
    for new computers well into the future,
    and the install is easy. It's a great
    camera, and there's no reason to give it up.

    Get a new battery pack.

    (In the mean time, try playing with
    macros with the charger plugged in; the
    camera will run fine that way.)

    http://www.mbstevens.com/camera.html

    m, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Plurkestein

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Plurkestein" <plurk@estein> wrote in

    > The batterypack is not cheep overhere (Euro 60,--). That maybe is a
    > good reason to consider buying a new camera and donate the good old
    > Mavica to a museum... :)

    Buy a generic/no-name battery : ) They usually work just as well and cost
    1/5 of the price!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 3, 2003