Power DVD/browser question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by The Omnivorous Review, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. Up until two weeks ago my Dell Dimension 4600 was riddled with viruses.
    I took it into a shop and they ended up wiping out the harddrive and
    then copying everything back on it.

    Now, before this happened, whenever I would watch a DVD using Power
    DVD, the screen would always stay "active" (or whatever the technical
    term is). I'd be typing away on a word document - the Power DVD screen
    would always be in front of the word page. Same with typing on movie
    forum web pages - the DVD screen would always be in front.

    I *liked* this!

    But now that I've had to reinstall Power DVD, using the same disc I
    used the first time (I bought an external DVD player and it came with)
    the screen no longer remains active when I start work on another
    application. I have to "scooch" the window over in order to see the
    DVD screen.

    Also, I used to be able to go to www.cbsportsline.com, and on the right
    hand side there'd be a screen where one could choose to watch
    "Quicktime" (Or some kind) of MLB highlights. NOw, the choices of what
    to view, as well as the screen, are not there. Yet supposedly the
    computer shop people copied the exact same stuff back onto my computer
    as I had before.

    Can anyone tell me how to solve these problems?

    The Omnivorous Review, Aug 17, 2005

  2. >>Also, I used to be able to go to www.cbsportsline.com, and on the right
    hand side there'd be a screen where one could choose to watch
    "Quicktime" (Or some kind) of MLB highlights

    Actually, I mis-typed. When I'd go to the individual team websites,
    for example Seattle Marineres, I could see this, and now I can't.

    The Omnivorous Review, Aug 17, 2005

  3. The Omnivorous Review

    Fred Guest

    The Omnivorous Review, <>, whose name means
    "cries at work; barman who drinks more than he serves; likes to call his
    penis his 'bacon bazooka'", incoherently wrote:

    > Up until two weeks ago my Dell Dimension 4600 was riddled with viruses.

    Read that back as if it were being said to you. 'Up until two weeks ago my
    Dell Dimension 4600 was riddled with viruses'. You used the subjunctive.
    Why?

    > I took it into a shop and they ended up wiping out the harddrive and
    > then copying everything back on it.

    I use Mozilla so I can't help you out but I will tell you don't post in all
    caps.

    > Now, before this happened, whenever I would watch a DVD using Power DVD,
    > the screen would always stay "active" (or whatever the technical term is)

    Post your hijackthis logfile.

    > I'd be typing away on a word document - the Power DVD screen would
    > always be in front of the word page.

    You are also a lousy typist.

    > Same with typing on movie forum web pages - the DVD screen would always
    > be in front.

    I can type 450,000 words a minute.

    > I *liked* this!

    You'd do the same thing if you had a chance.

    > But now that I've had to reinstall Power DVD, using the same disc I used
    > the first time (I bought an external DVD player and it came with) the
    > screen no longer remains active when I start work on another application.

    Would you like me to create a few wild and false assumptions about you and
    give you the third degree over them?

    > I have to "scooch" the window over in order to see the DVD screen.

    I need to "scooch" the window over in order to see the dvd screen too.

    > Also, I used to be able to go to www.cbsportsline.com, and on
    > the right hand side there'd be a screen where one could choose to watch
    > "Quicktime" (Or some kind) of MLB highlights.

    I'm a computer science graduate. I know all about that.

    > NOw, the choices of what to view, as well as the screen, are not there.

    I'm completely computer illiterate.

    > Yet supposedly the computer shop people copied the exact same stuff back
    > onto my computer as I had before.

    People don't want to know.

    > Can anyone tell me how to solve these problems?

    I don't want to tell you how to solve these problems.

    Fred, Aug 18, 2005
  4. The Omnivorous Review

    Alexander T. Guest

    I'd be typing away on a word document - the Power DVD screen would
    > always be in front of the word page.

    --> I don´t use PowerDVD, but try to check if there is an option like
    "video window always on top" or something like that.
    And - when you are writing in word - stop watching movies :p

    > I don't want to tell you how to solve these problems.

    Why do you write then here? To be "cool" ?
    Oh man - yes you are !

    Alexander T., Aug 18, 2005
  5. The Omnivorous Review

    Guest

    > Why do you write then here? To be "cool" ? Oh man - yes you are !

    He's not "cool." Just an idiot with an inferiority complex. A poor
    man's Jude Law, perhaps.

    , Aug 18, 2005
  6. The Omnivorous Review

    Guest

    >>--> I don´t use PowerDVD, but try to check if there is an option like
    "video window always on top" or something like that.

    Thanks, Alexander, I'll look for that!

    , Aug 18, 2005
  7. The Omnivorous Review

    John Guest

    Is there a setting to have it "always on top"? I believe this is what
    you mean. Have a look in the settings, and change it to be always on
    top.

    John

    John, Aug 19, 2005