    time switch to recycle both the same thing happens. I have to manually power
    cycle the 3102 in the morning to get it to re register. Any suggestions?
    (Other than stop using a timer!!)
    R. Giskard Reventlov, Apr 16, 2009

  2. R. Giskard Reventlov

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote in message
    >> I have a Linksys SPA 3102 all set up and working well. I have been in habit
    >> of power cycling my router via a time switch every night at 3 am ever since
    >> my router crashed when I was away from home for several weeks and I could
    >> not get remote access to my system. I recently replaced my router with a
    >> Linksys (Cisco) Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway. When this cycles at night the 3102
    >> fails to re register when the router comes back up. Even if I use the same
    >> time switch to recycle both the same thing happens. I have to manually
    >> power cycle the 3102 in the morning to get it to re register. Any
    >> suggestions? (Other than stop using a timer!!)

    > Possibly use a second timer to power cycle the 3102 a few minutes after the
    > router has rebooted?
    >
    > Rob

    yes the issue will be that it takes a minute or so longer for the ADSL
    router to boot up, sync the line and connect to the ISP than it takes
    for the 3102 to boot up.

    Why do you have to reboot your router every night? I'd try and fix
    whatever is causing that problem rather than trying to work around it.

    cheers,
    Paul.
    Paul Hayes, Apr 20, 2009