    Any input is much appreciated.
    Thanks.
    , Nov 21, 2006

  2. Guest

    Anyway to try another power supply? Thats what I would do first off.
    , Nov 21, 2006

  3. w_tom Guest

    wrote:
    > I've got an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe that has recently run into a problem
    > where it will not power off. It just sticks in a constant cycle of
    > repowering, even before any of the post information is visible. The
    > only way to turn it off is to turn off the power supply at the rear of
    > the machine. Could this be a power supply failing.

    Only way to answer that question is to start by measuring power and
    signal wire voltages between power supply and power supply controller.
    First 3.5 digit multimeter measurement is on purple wire from power
    supply to motherboard. This voltage must be more than 4.87 volts.
    Next is to monitor green and gray wires. As green goes below 0.8
    volts, then gray should rise up above 2.4 volts within seconds. Again,
    the numbers would tell us more.

    Also important information is voltage across power switch (or where
    it connects to motherboard). This voltage should remain well above 2.4
    volts.

    Numbers will provide sufficient information so that responders can
    either identify the problem or begin isolating the problem down to a
    single suspect. Currently a list of suspects for your problem is long.
    w_tom, Nov 22, 2006