    After a few seconds however I get the message: burn process failed due to
    calibration error. Can anyody please help me to correct this error? Thanks.
    Ron

    Ron Nijboer, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Ron Nijboer

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:51:16 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    Nijboer" <> wrote :

    >With WMPlayer, Nero and HP-cd writer HP8200 I try to copy an wma-file to cd.
    >After a few seconds however I get the message: burn process failed due to
    >calibration error. Can anyody please help me to correct this error? Thanks.
    >Ron

    Taken from,
    http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=139377

    Power calibration area nearly full

    (Power calibration area almost full)

    This error message generally appears for one of the following reasons.

    You have written on the CD several times and deleted it.

    Please use new CD-Rs

    it is possible that the APM (Energy saving mode) causes this error.

    Please deactivate the energy saving mode.

    Or one of the causes listed below Track following error is present.

    Here:http://www.ahead.de/en/content/helptool/469.htm#o469

    Also your power supply may be inadequate.

    HTH

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Ron Nijboer

    Ron Nijboer Guest

    "paul s" <> schreef in bericht
    > Ron Nijboer wrote:
    >
    > > With WMPlayer, Nero and HP-cd writer HP8200 I try to copy an wma-file to
    > > cd. After a few seconds however I get the message: burn process failed

    due
    > > to calibration error. Can anyody please help me to correct this error?
    > > Thanks. Ron

    > Is this happening all the time? On new blank CDs, or on continuing a
    > multisession one?
    >
    > If its on new blank CDs, try a different brand. If it still happens after
    > that, then your burner is probably history.
    > --
    > Paul S

    It has been happening all the time on two different brands of (new) CD's. My
    CD-writer is indeed an old one. I guess you are right. I'll have to buy a
    new one. Thanks again.
    Ron

    Ron Nijboer, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Ron Nijboer

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:25:08 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    Nijboer" <> wrote :

    >"paul s" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Ron Nijboer wrote:
    >>
    >> > With WMPlayer, Nero and HP-cd writer HP8200 I try to copy an wma-file to
    >> > cd. After a few seconds however I get the message: burn process failed

    >due
    >> > to calibration error. Can anyody please help me to correct this error?
    >> > Thanks. Ron

    >> Is this happening all the time? On new blank CDs, or on continuing a
    >> multisession one?
    >>
    >> If its on new blank CDs, try a different brand. If it still happens after
    >> that, then your burner is probably history.
    >> --
    >> Paul S

    >It has been happening all the time on two different brands of (new) CD's. My
    >CD-writer is indeed an old one. I guess you are right. I'll have to buy a
    >new one. Thanks again.
    >Ron

    Get a,"Lite-on" :O)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 9, 2003
  5. Ron Nijboer

    Ron Nijboer Guest

    "Shep©" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:51:16 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    > Nijboer" <> wrote :
    >
    > >With WMPlayer, Nero and HP-cd writer HP8200 I try to copy an wma-file to

    cd.
    > >After a few seconds however I get the message: burn process failed due to
    > >calibration error. Can anyody please help me to correct this error?

    Thanks.
    > >Ron
    > >

    > Taken from,
    > http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=139377
    >
    > Power calibration area nearly full
    >
    > (Power calibration area almost full)
    >
    > This error message generally appears for one of the following reasons.
    >
    > You have written on the CD several times and deleted it.
    >
    > Please use new CD-Rs
    >
    > it is possible that the APM (Energy saving mode) causes this error.
    >
    > Please deactivate the energy saving mode.
    >
    > Or one of the causes listed below Track following error is present.
    >
    > Here:http://www.ahead.de/en/content/helptool/469.htm#o469
    >
    > Also your power supply may be inadequate.
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > --
    > Free Windows/PC help,
    > Free songs download,
    > http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html

    I have been using new CD's but - may be - I tried several times to write on
    them (unsuccessfully). You cannot do much about a (near) full power
    calibration.area, can you? APM was already deactivated. Writer has its own
    powersupply.
    I'll try to lend another writer to see if it will give better results. Thank
    you kindly for being helpful.
    Tjak

    Ron Nijboer, Jul 9, 2003
  6. Ron Nijboer

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:51:53 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    Nijboer" <> wrote :

    >"Shep©" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:51:16 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    >> Nijboer" <> wrote :
    >>
    >> >With WMPlayer, Nero and HP-cd writer HP8200 I try to copy an wma-file to

    >cd.
    >> >After a few seconds however I get the message: burn process failed due to
    >> >calibration error. Can anyody please help me to correct this error?

    >Thanks.
    >> >Ron
    >> >

    >> Taken from,
    >> http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=139377
    >>
    >> Power calibration area nearly full
    >>
    >> (Power calibration area almost full)
    >>
    >> This error message generally appears for one of the following reasons.
    >>
    >> You have written on the CD several times and deleted it.
    >>
    >> Please use new CD-Rs
    >>
    >> it is possible that the APM (Energy saving mode) causes this error.
    >>
    >> Please deactivate the energy saving mode.
    >>
    >> Or one of the causes listed below Track following error is present.
    >>
    >> Here:http://www.ahead.de/en/content/helptool/469.htm#o469
    >>
    >> Also your power supply may be inadequate.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > I have been using new CD's but - may be - I tried several times to write on
    >them (unsuccessfully). You cannot do much about a (near) full power
    >calibration.area, can you? APM was already deactivated. Writer has its own
    >powersupply.
    >I'll try to lend another writer to see if it will give better results. Thank
    >you kindly for being helpful.
    >Tjak

    You are welcome but I suspect drive failure.Good news is they are very
    cheap now to replace and much faster :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 9, 2003
  7. Ron Nijboer

    paul s Guest

    Shep© wrote:

    > On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:25:08 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    > Nijboer" <> wrote :
    >

    >>"paul s" <> schreef in bericht

    >>due
    >>>
    >>> Is this happening all the time? On new blank CDs, or on continuing a
    >>> multisession one?
    >>>
    >>> If its on new blank CDs, try a different brand. If it still happens
    >>> after that, then your burner is probably history.
    >>> --
    >>> Paul S

    >>It has been happening all the time on two different brands of (new) CD's.
    >>My
    >>CD-writer is indeed an old one. I guess you are right. I'll have to buy a
    >>new one. Thanks again.
    >>Ron
    >>

    > Get a,"Lite-on" :O)

    Yup thats what I got. A Lite-On 24x10x40x one, hasen't made a coaster yet.

    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 10, 2003
  8. Ron Nijboer

    Ron Nijboer Guest

    "Shep©" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:51:53 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    > Nijboer" <> wrote :
    >

    > >"Shep©" <> schreef in bericht

    > >cd.

    > >Thanks.
    > >> >

    > >> Taken from,
    > >> http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=139377
    > >>
    > >> Power calibration area nearly full
    > >>
    > >> (Power calibration area almost full)
    > >>
    > >> This error message generally appears for one of the following reasons.
    > >>
    > >> You have written on the CD several times and deleted it.
    > >>
    > >> Please use new CD-Rs
    > >>
    > >> it is possible that the APM (Energy saving mode) causes this error.
    > >>
    > >> Please deactivate the energy saving mode.
    > >>
    > >> Or one of the causes listed below Track following error is present.
    > >>
    > >> Here:http://www.ahead.de/en/content/helptool/469.htm#o469
    > >>
    > >> Also your power supply may be inadequate.
    > >>
    > >> HTH
    > >>

    > > I have been using new CD's but - may be - I tried several times to write

    on
    > >them (unsuccessfully). You cannot do much about a (near) full power
    > >calibration.area, can you? APM was already deactivated. Writer has its

    own
    > >powersupply.
    > >I'll try to lend another writer to see if it will give better results.

    Thank
    > >you kindly for being helpful.
    > >Tjak

    > You are welcome but I suspect drive failure.Good news is they are very
    > cheap now to replace and much faster :)
    >

    > --
    > Free Windows/PC help,
    > Free songs download,
    > http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/17/sheppard.html

    Thanks. I was advised to buy an A-Open CD-(re)writer extern (including
    Neero-software) for 140 euro.
    Tjak

    Ron Nijboer, Jul 10, 2003
  9. Ron Nijboer

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:12:49 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    Nijboer" <> wrote :

    >"Shep©" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:51:53 +0200, In this world we created "Ron
    >> Nijboer" <> wrote :
    >>

    >> >"Shep©" <> schreef in bericht

    >> >cd.

    >> >Thanks.

    >> > I have been using new CD's but - may be - I tried several times to write

    >on
    >> >them (unsuccessfully). You cannot do much about a (near) full power
    >> >calibration.area, can you? APM was already deactivated. Writer has its

    >own
    >> >powersupply.
    >> >I'll try to lend another writer to see if it will give better results.

    >Thank
    >> >you kindly for being helpful.
    >> >Tjak

    >> You are welcome but I suspect drive failure.Good news is they are very
    >> cheap now to replace and much faster :)
    >>

    >> --

    >Thanks. I was advised to buy an A-Open CD-(re)writer extern (including
    >Neero-software) for 140 euro.
    >Tjak

    I'd get a ,"Lite-on".

    --