    Thankyou,
    Lisa

    *Disability is the outcome of social arrangements and practices*

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Lisa Taylor

    Trent C Guest

    Go to the Control Panel and install a UK keyboard - from what you say it
    sounds as though the system thinks you have a US one installed.

    Trent C, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Lisa Taylor

    Yddap Guest

    In news:403b6d8f$0$49$,
    Lisa Taylor <> opined:
    > I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    > I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have just
    > bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me pound
    > signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I get a
    > hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing wrong?
    > Help please?
    > Thankyou,
    > Lisa
    >
    > *Disability is the outcome of social arrangements and practices*

    set up " Languages " in Control Panel
    Yddap

    Yddap, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Lisa Taylor

    Alien Zord Guest

    > I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    > I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have just
    > bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me pound
    > signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I get a
    > hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing wrong?

    Control panel > Regional and Language Options and change every setting that
    says United States to United Kingdom.

    Alien Zord, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    "Alien Zord" <> wrote in message
    > "Lisa Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > > I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    > > I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have just
    > > bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me pound
    > > signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I get

    > > hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing

    wrong?

    > Control panel > Regional and Language Options and change every setting

    that
    > says United States to United Kingdom.

    Thank you for the replies.
    I have done the above and it says it is already set to the English (United
    Kingdom). I went to customise and it all looks very much beyond me!
    What can I try now?

    Lisa

    eric the seal, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Lisa Taylor

    joevan Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:28:16 -0000, "Lisa Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    >I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have just
    >bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me pound
    >signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I get a
    >hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing wrong?
    >Help please?
    >Thankyou,
    >Lisa
    >
    >*Disability is the outcome of social arrangements and practices*

    ####### # #
    I get railroad tracks if I don't hit the space bar.
    joevan

    joevan, Feb 24, 2004
  8. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    "eric the seal" <> wrote in message
    > On your normal Windows toolbar, you wouldn't have a little icon with "EN"

    in
    > it?

    No, I don't. I bought the computer in the USA (HP Pavilion 531W)

    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004
  9. Lisa Taylor

    Alien Zord Guest

    > "Alien Zord" <> wrote in message
    > > "Lisa Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > > > I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    > > > I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have

    just
    > > > bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me

    pound
    > > > signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I

    get
    > > > hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing

    > wrong?
    > > >

    > > Control panel > Regional and Language Options and change every setting

    > that
    > > says United States to United Kingdom.
    > >

    > Thank you for the replies.
    > I have done the above and it says it is already set to the English (United
    > Kingdom). I went to customise and it all looks very much beyond me!
    > What can I try now?

    Language tab, Details button, Default input language select English (United
    Kingdom), click Apply, in Installed devices, Keyboard does it show United
    Kingdom? If yes and it also shows United States click United States and
    click Remove. If not then Add it and remove United States.

    Alien Zord, Feb 24, 2004
  10. Lisa Taylor

    Lisa Taylor Guest

    "Alien Zord" <> wrote in message

    > Language tab, Details button, Default input language select English

    (United
    > Kingdom), click Apply, in Installed devices, Keyboard does it show United
    > Kingdom? If yes and it also shows United States click United States and
    > click Remove. If not then Add it and remove United States.

    YES! £££££££££
    Thank you SO much!

    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Feb 24, 2004
  11. Lisa Taylor

    Alien Zord Guest

    > "Alien Zord" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Language tab, Details button, Default input language select English

    > (United
    > > Kingdom), click Apply, in Installed devices, Keyboard does it show

    United
    > > Kingdom? If yes and it also shows United States click United States and
    > > click Remove. If not then Add it and remove United States.
    > >

    > YES! £££££££££
    > Thank you SO much!
    >
    > Lisa

    YW

    Alien Zord, Feb 24, 2004
  12. Lisa Taylor

    John Holmes Guest

    joevan came up with this:

    > On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:28:16 -0000, "Lisa Taylor"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    >>I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have

    just
    >>bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me

    pound
    >>signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I get

    >>hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing

    wrong?
    >>Help please?
    >>Thankyou,
    >>Lisa
    >>
    >>*Disability is the outcome of social arrangements and practices*
    >>

    > ####### # #
    > I get railroad tracks if I don't hit the space bar.
    > joevan

    LOL

    --
    Big Brother is watching you.

    -John Holmes-

    John Holmes, Feb 24, 2004
  13. Lisa Taylor

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John Holmes said:

    > joevan came up with this:
    >
    >> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:28:16 -0000, "Lisa Taylor"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am in the UK, OS is XP.
    >>> I have never been able to get the pound sign on my computer. I have just
    >>> bought a new UK Belkin wireless keyboard and that does not give me pound
    >>> signs either! The symbol is on the keyboard, but when I press it, I get a
    >>> hash sign. The hash sign gives me a slanted line - what am I doing wrong?
    >>> Help please?
    >>> Thankyou,
    >>> Lisa
    >>>
    >>> *Disability is the outcome of social arrangements and practices*
    >>>

    >> ####### # #
    >> I get railroad tracks if I don't hit the space bar.
    >> joevan
    >>

    > LOL

    > --
    > Big Brother is watching you.

    I'm not paranoid, I *know* I'm being watched.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 24, 2004
  14. Lisa Taylor

    malcwilkes Guest

    Hold down ' Alt ' key, then hit 0163 on the right hand side of the
    keyboard..........the £ sign should pop up !

    malcwilkes, Mar 4, 2004
  15. Lisa Taylor

    Bob B Guest

    thats very clever !!!!.....not that I need it BB

    Bob B, Mar 5, 2004