    simple as that...

    TIA

    Rupert

    Rupert, Jul 8, 2005

  2. Rupert

    Phil Bridges Guest

    Not sure what an FXO or FXS is so maybe I'm not upstanding the question
    properly but in case am my Sipura 3000 is supposed to that although I've
    never tried it. Means I could dial into it from the PSTN and it would
    gateway me back out over VOIP

    Phil Bridges

    Phil Bridges, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Rupert

    stephen Guest

    "Rupert" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to bridge a POTS line over IP? By that I mean a way of
    > extending the line from A to B over an IP network?

    yes

    > Something like having an FXO ATA at one end and an FXS at the other, and
    > then configuring them to talk to one another?

    done this on cisco routers with voice interfaces - FXO in other countries
    back to a PBX in London

    must be LAN to voice interfaces around - cisco ATAs spring to mind.

    if all you want is a phone at 1 end, then you might as well use an IP
    phone - signalling and IP encap should be the same.

    We had to analog each end so that the london switch would do all the call
    barring etc - present calls on ISDN and some kit assumes all that is done at
    the 1st hop into digital domain.

    > Could do it with an asterisk, I suppose - but I was thinking of a more
    > solid-state, seamless solution. Almost like an IP extension lead -

    something
    > simple as that...

    we used routers since they had to be there anyway to drive the corporate
    WAN.

    --
    Regards

    stephen, Jul 9, 2005
  4. Followups set to uk.telecom.voip...
    "Rupert" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to bridge a POTS line over IP? By that I mean a way of
    > extending the line from A to B over an IP network?
    >
    > Something like having an FXO ATA at one end and an FXS at the other, and
    > then configuring them to talk to one another?
    >
    > Could do it with an asterisk, I suppose - but I was thinking of a more
    > solid-state, seamless solution. Almost like an IP extension lead -
    > something
    > simple as that...

    Yup FXS+FXO will do what you want.

    I do exactly this with 2 Sipura SPA-3000s (actually you could do it with a
    3000 at one end and a 1000 or 2000 series at the other, but I wanted FXO and
    FXS at both ends for other reasons).

    --
    Thomas Sandford

    Thomas Sandford, Jul 10, 2005
  5. Rupert

    bbiandov

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2006
    Messages:
    14
    Hey Thomas,

    What about large number of ports, say 8 or so. What you have done is exactly what I need, just for few more ports?

    ~Boyan

    bbiandov, Oct 20, 2006