    how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    No smartass replies.
    TIA
    Bill, Jun 28, 2006

  2. Bill wrote:
    > how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    > No smartass replies.

    You don't get to choose what kind of replies you get. However, about an
    hour in a 375º oven usually comes out about right, if it's baking potato
    size, and you thoroughly wash it and puncture it with a fork a few times.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006

  3. Bill mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    > No smartass replies.
    > TIA

    Take a whole potato, coat with oil, roll in coarse salt (sea salt is best),
    poke holes in skin with fork, bake in 400F oven for 45 to 60 min, turning
    after about 30 minutes to keep from getting too brown on one side, serve
    steaming hot with butter and salt and pepper. Add a dollop of sour cream if
    desired (or any other toppings that strike your fancy).

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I used to like political jokes until so many of them got elected.
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 28, 2006
  4. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Bill mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    >>No smartass replies.
    >>TIA
    >>

    > Take a whole potato, coat with oil, roll in coarse salt (sea salt is best),
    > poke holes in skin with fork, bake in 400F oven for 45 to 60 min, turning
    > after about 30 minutes to keep from getting too brown on one side, serve
    > steaming hot with butter and salt and pepper. Add a dollop of sour cream if
    > desired (or any other toppings that strike your fancy).

    Will you marry me?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  5. Rôgêr mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> Bill mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>

    >>>how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    >>>No smartass replies.
    >>>TIA
    >>>

    >> Take a whole potato, coat with oil, roll in coarse salt (sea salt is
    >> best), poke holes in skin with fork, bake in 400F oven for 45 to 60
    >> min, turning after about 30 minutes to keep from getting too brown on
    >> one side, serve steaming hot with butter and salt and pepper. Add a
    >> dollop of sour cream if desired (or any other toppings that strike
    >> your fancy).

    > Will you marry me?

    Sorry, don't have the time. I'm off to the kitchen with a sudden hankering
    for a baked potato. :)

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 28, 2006
  6. Bill

    EricP Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:59:31 -0400, "Bill" <> wrote:

    >how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    >No smartass replies.
    >TIA

    No time as it varies with temp and type of potato.
    Set the oven on med to highish heat. Put potato in and leave for one
    hour, then feel if it is soft and cooked. Keep doing this every 15
    minutes.
    EricP, Jun 28, 2006
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    THANKS!!!

    Bill, Jun 28, 2006
  8. Bill

    Bill Guest

    hows the xp64 doing ;-)

    Bill, Jun 28, 2006
  9. Bill wrote:
    > hows the xp64 doing ;-)

    It's cooking along just fine, right now it's burning some DVD's for me.
    I keep my old 2000 speed Athlon for playing on the net while I let my
    workhorse do it's thing.

    Are you who I think you are?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  10. Bill

    Bill Guest

    GCS

    Bill, Jun 28, 2006
  11. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > Rôgêr mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >>
    >>>Bill mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>>Take a whole potato, coat with oil, roll in coarse salt (sea salt is
    >>>best), poke holes in skin with fork, bake in 400F oven for 45 to 60
    >>>min, turning after about 30 minutes to keep from getting too brown on
    >>>one side, serve steaming hot with butter and salt and pepper. Add a
    >>>dollop of sour cream if desired (or any other toppings that strike
    >>>your fancy).

    >>Will you marry me?
    >>

    > Sorry, don't have the time. I'm off to the kitchen with a sudden hankering
    > for a baked potato. :)

    I was going to offer a beer as my dowry, but guess you don't like them
    that much.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  12. Bill

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    > No smartass replies.
    > TIA

    The other replies all have been excellent. One more tip: don't buy crappy
    potatoes. I mean, if you're making a nice dinner, the last thing you want is
    a gritty or chewy potato. Get the russets. Fluffy. Worth every penny <g>! I
    mean, don't don't don't EVER bother baking a red potato. It won't do at all
    ;o)

    And while I must candidly admit I have family in Idaho, you don't have to
    buy Idaho potatos. I also grew up in Alaska, and the potatos grown there
    were just as good.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 28, 2006
  13. Bill wrote:
    > GCS

    Took me a minute, but yep.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  14. Rôgêr wrote:
    > The Old Sourdough wrote:

    >> Take a whole potato, coat with oil, roll in coarse salt (sea salt is
    >> best), poke holes in skin with fork, bake in 400F oven for 45 to 60
    >> min, turning after about 30 minutes to keep from getting too brown
    >> on one side, serve steaming hot with butter and salt and pepper. Add
    >> a dollop of sour cream if desired (or any other toppings that strike
    >> your fancy).

    > Will you marry me?

    Hey!

    That was going to be my line...

    ....and I bet I'm a lot cuter than you. ;)

    rl

    P.S. That really is the only way to bake a potato. I love a man who can
    cook.
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Insisting on perfect safety is for people
    without the balls to live in the real world.
    Mary Shafer Iliff
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 28, 2006
  15. Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

    > Hey!
    >
    > That was going to be my line...
    >
    > ...and I bet I'm a lot cuter than you. ;)
    >
    > rl
    >
    > P.S. That really is the only way to bake a potato. I love a man who can
    > cook.

    Aww, they're all pussies. And cuter than me? I can send some shots of me
    that were printed in Playgirl, all under the name of "Tripod".
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  16. Bill

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> The Old Sourdough wrote:

    >>> Take a whole potato, coat with oil, roll in coarse salt (sea salt is
    >>> best), poke holes in skin with fork, bake in 400F oven for 45 to 60
    >>> min, turning after about 30 minutes to keep from getting too brown
    >>> on one side, serve steaming hot with butter and salt and pepper. Add
    >>> a dollop of sour cream if desired (or any other toppings that strike
    >>> your fancy).

    >> Will you marry me?

    > Hey!
    >
    > That was going to be my line...
    >
    > ...and I bet I'm a lot cuter than you. ;)
    >
    > rl
    >
    > P.S. That really is the only way to bake a potato. I love a man who
    > can cook.

    Ahhh--then you'd like my place. I even make homemade strawberry jam
    (raspberry too!) for all the people at the office where I work. (I grow my
    own berries besides.)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 28, 2006
  17. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
    >
    >>Rôgêr wrote:

    >>>Will you marry me?

    >>Hey!
    >>
    >>That was going to be my line...
    >>
    >>...and I bet I'm a lot cuter than you. ;)
    >>
    >>rl
    >>
    >>P.S. That really is the only way to bake a potato. I love a man who
    >>can cook.

    > Ahhh--then you'd like my place. I even make homemade strawberry jam
    > (raspberry too!) for all the people at the office where I work. (I grow my
    > own berries besides.)

    See? What'd I tell you Rhonda.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 28, 2006
  18. Bill

    sbb78247 Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > how long to bake in the oven, whole baked potate, average size?
    > No smartass replies.
    > TIA

    "i like potatoes" - eduardo - fosters home for imaginary friends cartoon
    network

    now **** off
    sbb78247, Jun 28, 2006
  19. Bill

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

    >>> Hey!
    >>>
    >>> That was going to be my line...
    >>>
    >>> ...and I bet I'm a lot cuter than you. ;)
    >>>
    >>> rl
    >>>
    >>> P.S. That really is the only way to bake a potato. I love a man who
    >>> can cook.

    >> Ahhh--then you'd like my place. I even make homemade strawberry jam
    >> (raspberry too!) for all the people at the office where I work. (I
    >> grow my own berries besides.)
    >>

    > See? What'd I tell you Rhonda.

    But if you ask my ex, she'll tell you my cooking is about all I'm good for
    :(

    Toolman Tim, Jun 28, 2006
  20. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>> Ahhh--then you'd like my place. I even make homemade strawberry jam
    >>> (raspberry too!) for all the people at the office where I work. (I
    >>> grow my own berries besides.)

    >> See? What'd I tell you Rhonda.

    You told me a really, really bad joke, Rôgêr, and I will not soon
    forgive you for it.

    <shakes head> But I did laugh. Don't tell anyone, or I'll lose my girl
    card.

    > But if you ask my ex, she'll tell you my cooking is about all I'm
    > good for :(

    It's her job to say that, Toolman. It doesn't really mean anything, and
    if she was dumb enough to let you get away, well, that kinda speaks for
    itself.

    Raspberry jam. Yummy. :)

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 28, 2006