    size is this ok as I have problems losing my connection completely,I have a 1mb
    connection running through an networkcard to a set top box, o/s winxp sp1
    thanks
    trigger, Jul 3, 2003

  2. trigger

    john Guest

    use powerpost setting to post at 7900 lines ; i read an article long ago
    it's the best file size.
    if you're posting at 5000k per post (e.g., it's a 100mb movie, you're
    posting 20 five mb posts) all servers will reject it because it's too large.
    change it to 500k (which will send 200 posts of a half mb each post).
    better still, use the 7900 lines function.

    "trigger" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > can some please tell me the best settings to post to usenetserver with

    powerpost
    > I am currently using :- news.usenetserver.com, on port 119, articles split

    into 5000k

    john, Jul 4, 2003

  3. "trigger" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    > can some please tell me the best settings to post to usenetserver with
    > powerpost I am currently using :- news.usenetserver.com, on port 119,
    > articles split into 5000k size is this ok as I have problems losing my
    > connection completely,I have a 1mb connection running through an
    > networkcard to a set top box, o/s winxp sp1 thanks

    5000k is much too large.

    If you have a huge file you should split it into chunks first, then post
    those chunks, but use a size less than 5000k.

    So, something like a 400Mb CD image gets split into chunks of 20Mb, and you
    post those, at 500k or 3000 lines. (Check what other people in that group
    are posting first.)

    You can use WinRAR to create the chunks.

    If you use SmartPAR you can generate recovery files, which will help to cut
    down on the reposting.

    The group that you wish to post to probably has a faq, which will have
    useful information. Most groups have slightly different ways of posting
    stuff.

    will probably be useful.
    Santiago Zawojski, Jul 4, 2003