    does this mean they dont allow this?

    how can i get around this?

    thanks for any help
    horizon, Nov 17, 2003

  2. horizon

    °Mike° Guest

    You *must* use a valid email address with cis.dfn.
    Here are two ways of creating valid email addresses, that
    you can have filtered before it reaches your box. So, if
    you create an address for use in newsgroups, make sure
    that you *only* use it in newsgroups, and filter it appropriately.

    SpamGourmet
    http://www.spamgourmet.com/

    SpamMotel
    http://www.spammotel.com/

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:59:30 -0000, in
    <bpb2af$1mk9v8$-berlin.de>
    horizon scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 17, 2003

  3. horizon

    John Holmes Guest

    horizon came up with this:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I use news.cis.dfn.de. I want to send using a fake email address, however
    > when i try to post i get this error msg
    >
    > Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'test', Account:
    > 'news.cis.dfn.de', Server: 'news.cis.dfn.de', Protocol: NNTP, Server
    > Response: '441 From: address contains invalid domain part
    > ()', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441,
    > Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
    >
    > does this mean they dont allow this?
    >
    > how can i get around this?
    >
    > thanks for any help