    Is it my news server, Madasafish, which is restricting this?

    --
    Kenny Cargill
    Kenny, Jan 31, 2007

  2. Kenny

    Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Trying to post a 5.5MB attachment to a binary group and in both OE and Forte
    >Agent get a message thet it's too large.
    >In OE have set to "break apart messages larger than 1000KB" and in Agent
    >under Folders/Default Properties have changed format to yenc and ticked
    >"send large messages as multiple messages".
    >Is it my news server, Madasafish, which is restricting this?

    In Agent
    Group Default properties
    Send files
    Max Chars per message - Play with this value, the default should work,
    mine is set to 450000
    --
    Cry
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1Z8pSXCNFI

  3. Kenny

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:29:33 -0000, Kenny wrote:

    >Trying to post a 5.5MB attachment to a binary group and in both OE and Forte

    It's a, well to avoid guessing, what sort of file?

    >Agent get a message thet it's too large.

    It's not too large, it's just 1 big file in 1 piece :)

    >In OE have set to "break apart messages larger than 1000KB" and in Agent
    >under Folders/Default Properties have changed format to yenc and ticked
    >"send large messages as multiple messages".

    So what happened using these options?

    Yenc, adds about 30% to the overall size, so you have to take that into
    account.

    >Is it my news server, Madasafish, which is restricting this?

    Ask Madasafish support.

    Or better yet, try different settings and post in a test group and see
    what settings work.

    Me
    why?, Jan 31, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the replies. Have tried setting max chars to 600000 in Agent but
    still get "article rejected" as too large.
    In OE the message is rejected at the server.
    This is an MP3+G karaoke file in RAR format. The group I'm posting to
    normally posts in yenc ZIP or RAR format.
    I am not very familiar with Agent and at times find it difficult to use.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jan 31, 2007
  5. Kenny

    -Art- Guest

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:29:33 -0000, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    |:Trying to post a 5.5MB attachment to a binary group and in both OE and Forte
    |:Agent get a message thet it's too large.
    |:In OE have set to "break apart messages larger than 1000KB" and in Agent
    |:under Folders/Default Properties have changed format to yenc and ticked
    |:"send large messages as multiple messages".
    |:Is it my news server, Madasafish, which is restricting this?

    try powerpost..
    http://powerpost.cjb.net/
    freeware.
    -Art- (not Art)
    -Art-, Jan 31, 2007
  6. Kenny

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:59:48 -0000, Kenny wrote:

    Another broken MS OE, notice the previous post content vanished. Why?
    Because Agent obeys the sig seperator dashdashspace.

    Since you top posted the sig is above the earlier message and it's
    removed.

    >Thanks for the replies. Have tried setting max chars to 600000 in Agent but
    >still get "article rejected" as too large.

    So why not 450000 as mentioned by Pennywise, the aim is to get smaller
    segments not larger.

    Maybe you don't follow what happens, You can't post a file 5.5MB so you
    post it in lots of segments. If you use 600000 it's 5.5MB/600000 chars
    is X segments. If that's too large you try 6.6MB/450000chars it's more
    segments but each segment is smaller.

    Check the Agnet log, maybe it has the max allowed size in the rejected
    message?

    >In OE the message is rejected at the server.
    >This is an MP3+G karaoke file in RAR format. The group I'm posting to

    At least you are compressing it first. You could always split it in RAR
    to 2 or 3 parts first and then post 3 files to be joined up.

    >normally posts in yenc ZIP or RAR format.

    Well there is a clue, what size is most common for other posts.

    >I am not very familiar with Agent and at times find it difficult to use.

    It is a but odd, but practice in a test group with the settings or try
    using http://powerpost.cjb.net/ which I did years ago after having
    issues with Agent.

    Basically I asked in the group what's the common settings used and it
    worked.

    Me
    why?, Feb 1, 2007