    would be to forward using the original format by default, then have an
    option to change to plain text.

    Is there an extension that will allow me to do this?

    Danny Colyer, Feb 20, 2007

  2. Danny Colyer

    Guest

    On Feb 20, 2:48 pm, Danny Colyer <> wrote:
    > Every so often (perhaps once every few weeks) I want send an e-mail from
    > TB 1.0.7 in HTML format. Usually it's because I want to retain the
    > original HTML formatting when forwarding or replying to an e-mail.
    >
    > It's easy enough to go to account settings and tick "Compose message in
    > HTML format" in Composition & Addressing (then of course I have to go
    > back in and untick it once I've sent the message), but what I'd really
    > like is to be able to change to HTML format, or forward/reply with HTML
    > format, with a single click. Probably the best solution for forwarding
    > would be to forward using the original format by default, then have an
    > option to change to plain text.
    >
    > Is there an extension that will allow me to do this?

    no need for an extension. If the account is in text, and you want to
    reply in html, then hold down the shift key and click. Now the
    message will be in html mode.

    And its the same the other way around. If the account is in html,
    hold down the shift key and click. Now the message will be in text
    mode.

    If you recieve a message in text and you want to reply in html, or you
    receive a message in html and you want to reply in text, just hold
    down the shift key and click.
    , Feb 20, 2007

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    wrote:
    > no need for an extension. If the account is in text, and you want to
    > reply in html, then hold down the shift key and click. Now the
    > message will be in html mode.
    >
    > And its the same the other way around. If the account is in html,
    > hold down the shift key and click. Now the message will be in text
    > mode.
    >
    > If you recieve a message in text and you want to reply in html, or you
    > receive a message in html and you want to reply in text, just hold
    > down the shift key and click.

    I've tested it and it seems to work perfectly for sending and replying,
    thanks.

    It doesn't work, though, for forwarding. I can work round that by
    replying and changing the "To" address, but does anyone know of a way to
    simply forward HTML messages in HTML format when the account is set to
    compose in plain text?

    Danny Colyer, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Danny Colyer

    Charani Guest

    On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:48:32 +0000, Danny Colyer wrote:

    > Every so often (perhaps once every few weeks) I want send an e-mail from
    > TB 1.0.7 in HTML format. Usually it's because I want to retain the
    > original HTML formatting when forwarding or replying to an e-mail.

    The original HTML formatting will be lost if the recipient has their
    email client set to plain text only.
    Charani, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I wrote:
    >>Every so often (perhaps once every few weeks) I want send an e-mail from
    >>TB 1.0.7 in HTML format. Usually it's because I want to retain the
    >>original HTML formatting when forwarding or replying to an e-mail.

    and Charani responded:
    > The original HTML formatting will be lost if the recipient has their
    > email client set to plain text only.

    Of course, but how is that relevant to my question? For the vast
    majority of people that I wish to forward e-mail to I am certain that
    their e-mail clients are set to view HTML. If I'm replying to an HTML
    e-mail then it's a no-brainer that whoever sent it to me will be able to
    handle an HTML reply.

    FWIW, when I want to do this it's usually because a colleague has sent
    me an HTML e-mail incorporating a screen shot and I either want to
    include the screen shot in my reply, or forward it to another colleague.
    I am the only person in my office who doesn't use either Outlook or
    OE, and I know that all of my colleagues can view HTML e-mails.

    Danny Colyer, Feb 21, 2007
  6. Danny Colyer

    Doug G Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> no need for an extension. If the account is in text, and you want to
    >> reply in html, then hold down the shift key and click. Now the
    >> message will be in html mode.
    >>
    >> And its the same the other way around. If the account is in html,
    >> hold down the shift key and click. Now the message will be in text
    >> mode.
    >>
    >> If you recieve a message in text and you want to reply in html, or you
    >> receive a message in html and you want to reply in text, just hold
    >> down the shift key and click.

    > I've tested it and it seems to work perfectly for sending and replying,
    > thanks.
    >
    > It doesn't work, though, for forwarding. I can work round that by
    > replying and changing the "To" address, but does anyone know of a way to
    > simply forward HTML messages in HTML format when the account is set to
    > compose in plain text?

    Try "Edit as New" on the Message or context menu.
    Doug G, Feb 21, 2007
  7. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I wrote:
    >>It doesn't work, though, for forwarding. I can work round that by
    >>replying and changing the "To" address, but does anyone know of a way to
    >>simply forward HTML messages in HTML format when the account is set to
    >>compose in plain text?

    and Doug G suggested:
    > Try "Edit as New" on the Message or context menu.

    Thanks, that also works, although it's not really any different to
    replying and changing the "To" address.

    Danny Colyer, Feb 23, 2007
  8. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Doug G suggested:
    >>Try "Edit as New" on the Message or context menu.

    and I responded:
    > Thanks, that also works, although it's not really any different to
    > replying and changing the "To" address.

    Actually, this feature is proving *really* useful. Thanks again, Doug.

    Danny Colyer, Feb 27, 2007