Posting etiquette question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by K.J. 44, Oct 23, 2006.

  1. K.J. 44

    K.J. 44 Guest

    K.J. 44, Oct 23, 2006

  2. Hi Kevin,

    The remote peer is not responding to the client's request to establish
    the connection.

    Make sure you can ping the remote peer, or check remote peer logs for
    why it is not responding to the client.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm

    www.BradReese.Com, Oct 23, 2006

  3. K.J. 44

    K.J. 44 Guest

    The outside IP address of the ASA is being Natt'ed won't affect the
    fact that this is the IP I am trying to connect my VPN to?

    Thanks.

    K.J. 44, Oct 23, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    "K.J. 44" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question, is it considered bad etiquette to repost a question
    > if an answer was never received? For instance, I never had a single
    > response on:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/browse_thread/thread/9f2b68
    > 096fbd885f
    >
    > Is it okay to repost the question or will that be bad board etiquette?
    > Because i am in a bind with these VPNs and need some help.

    Usually the reason there was no answer is because no one could answer it
    well. And reposting a few days later is not likely to change that.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Oct 24, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    K.J. 44 <> wrote:

    >I have a question, is it considered bad etiquette to repost a question
    >if an answer was never received?

    Yes.

    > For instance, I never had a single
    >response on:
    >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.sys.cisco/browse_thread/thread/9f2b68096fbd885f

    >Is it okay to repost the question or will that be bad board etiquette?

    It was bad etiquette the first time, to post a config trimmed down too
    far for us to be able to debug the problem. We need to see
    access-list 110, and we need to know whether you have sysopt
    connection permit-ipsec, and if you do not then we need to see
    inside_access_in and outside_access_in

    You should also be considering that the documention indicates that
    you should not use group 2 with AES-256: you need group 5.

    You also haven't shown us anything from debug crypto ipsec
    or debug crypto isakmp

    Walter Roberson, Oct 24, 2006