Post your thoughts on the best hardware manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ww_crimson, Jul 7, 2005.

1. ww_crimson

ww_crimson

I was thinking that since almost everyone here is into computers and case modding (I hope anyway) that it would be a good idea for everyone to post some of their favorite hardware manufacturers and maybe a little info on why.
    ASUS - Every single person I know has an asus motherboard and we've never had to RMA anything or have any major problems at all with them. The worst thing about asus is that their website is constantly down or under maintenance.
    Rosewill - My case as well as two of my friends' cases are from rosewill and they are all excellent cases, and cheap at that. I don't know too much about their RAM and monitors and those types of things however I'll say that if their quality carriers over between cases and other components that they're bound to be pretty decent.
    MSI - not a super popular company or one that I have a ton of experience with however my CD/DVD Burner and Video card are both MSI manufactured and I've talked to several people online that say their MSI motherboards are great.

ww_crimson, Jul 7, 2005
    1. Advertising

2. ww_crimson

PUTALE

best hardware manufacture. Mmmh that's a bit toughy as there's so many parts and criteria.

PUTALE, Jul 7, 2005
    1. Advertising

3. ww_crimson

stlava

I'm happy with abit.. have an abit board and gfx card. There are is a problem with their P4 boards which i have to deal with..

stlava, Jul 7, 2005
  4. ww_crimson

unholy

Internal Processing:
    ASUS = Good Boards, REALLY BAD TO THE MAX RMA!!!!!
    Gigabyte = Ok if ur never going to overclock! (They have support for noobs only). There boards are way to cheaply made, never make the mistake of going Gigabyte! i know from experience!!!!! they made my newest review hell!!!!!
    DFI = Great i haven't heard anything bad about them, they seem to make really good board i hope to get my SLI-D soon :D
    MSI = Ok i haven't really tested any of there boards.
    Abit = Some bad things mentioned about there G Cards... :|, and i don't like how they need a Gamer to Substatdise there products
    Tyan = Super Great for Server mobo's (Dual opterons to Quad)
    Other Boards = Most good, some bad features on some, but over all i really never used any :D
    AMD = The best, nothing beats them, no problems EVER!, never needed to RMA :D
    Cases/ Modding.
    Coolermaster = Professional Cases, some lack the requirement of having a Side Panel included (with a window), goo airflow, might need some air filters.
    Noki = Simple but good, cheap but great :D
    XSonic = Way to cheap, had a mous of theres broke after a few days. There cases are to THinly made and there Psu's have Short cables
    Thermaltake = Reasonably good Cases, and Cooling. Really Really Bad Lighting (Cathodes are too dull). PSU's said to be good.
    Vantec = Good modding supplies, no problem with service, and just all around good company :D, nothing wrong with them yet
    Sunbeam = They make great gear, for the PC, including some of the brightest Cathodes around, great little things such as led's and Fans, Great Fan controllers and Lighting tools. Never afraid to have bad things told about there products. Always ready to help :D, Great cases, Great PPSU's (by the looks of things, i will let u know i am supposed to be getting a Nuuo :D) and just a Great Company, i would so recommend them if u need any modding supplies. :D
    Thermalright = Help fix gigabytes Faults!!!!!!!, Great coolers and no problems
    Thats all i have for the time being, as u can see if have been in this business for awhile :D

unholy, Jul 7, 2005
  5. ww_crimson

Bio-Hazard

I think this is pretty much impossible to answer as everyone has had problems with a part at one time or another. Just stay with name brand parts from well known companies and you'll be fine. Even good companies have a bad product from time to time. I've blown out Antec and Thermaltake PSUs befor, but I'd still recomend them to anyone.

Bio-Hazard, Jul 7, 2005
  6. ww_crimson

unholy

Though this is gigabyte, and they couldn't even admit to having False specification retention modules!!! i hhave one and its not AMD standards!

unholy, Jul 7, 2005
  7. ww_crimson

stlava

The second part is only business but yes I would never buy one of their fatality boards.

stlava, Jul 7, 2005
  8. ww_crimson

ww_crimson

Cool to see all your thoughts, maybe I should have labeled this 'favorite' hardware manufacturers.

ww_crimson, Jul 7, 2005
  9. ww_crimson

Ciger

You really need to Clearify what kind of hardware company :eek: Well I would say one comes to mind really fast is... CREATIVE LAB !!!! then ATI... Viewsonic .... Antec .... U.S. Robotic .... Sony .... Maxtor ... western Digital .... Seagate.... :shock: :shock:
    the question is what kind of hardware company you asking? :shock: hehe

Ciger, Jul 7, 2005
  10. ww_crimson

unholy

Listing here, is the Most recommend brand for Both Mobos, CPU and other stuff :D
    AMD - Any of them own
    DFI - Best layouts, and overclock ability :D (4.0v on RAM :D)
    Seagate - Anything is good, never had faults.
    GeCube for ATi - Good cards, i have an older model, its a great 9200se :D
    I don't know nVidias cards best Production Company - Any company is good from my aspect
    D-Link - Good Cards and Modems
    Cisco - the best Switchs you can buy, going to get me a 24 port Gigabit for my servers :D
    CoolerMaster - Ok, nothing bad.
    Or
    OCZ PSU's - Great by the looks of things :D
    OCZ Ram - Great ram cheaper compared to others.
    Corsair - Known as the best, but i haven't really thought the highest for them, they just put out the modules everyone likes :D
    List done theres only a few choices, its really what you want for Price, the ATi vs nVidia decision is a hard one, but normally ether way is great :D, i wouldn't use the ATi chipset for a server though... :|

unholy, Jul 8, 2005
  11. ww_crimson

ww_crimson

I've got a d-link and personally I think it blows... DFI is ok but they're a bitch to install.. I don't think they are 100% compatible with everything.
    For ATI:
    Sapphire
    MSI
    ATI
    Abit
    For Nvidia:
    BFG
    eVGA
    MSI
    Leadtek/XFX are becoming popular.

ww_crimson, Jul 8, 2005
  12. ww_crimson

Bio-Hazard

For myself, I really like DFI......;) although they do take a bit of tweaking to get to run 100% out of the box. Abit on the other hand has been extremely good to me...........:)

Bio-Hazard, Jul 8, 2005
  13. ww_crimson

werty316

I think its really hard to say who is the best manufacturer as you have to base it on alot of facts like looks, compatibility, performance, price, stability, quality, or accessories. I think its way to hard to say who is the best out there. From my experience so far I had only small troubles with ePoX's 8KHA mobo. It was a bit unstable art times. Everything else I have expoerienced is ok whether it be ABIT, ASUS, PNY, LitON, LG etc. I am just saying this based on the topic.

werty316, Jul 9, 2005
  14. ww_crimson

unholy

Lets say, some companies are bad, some are good, Shove the bads out and Look at what suits you for the prices :D
    Remove companies like....
    Gigabyte, who can't seem to make boards Which are good for overclocking, or cooling.
    But only if the reason is what u want, another example.
    DFI, ok, not good for a normal setup (no cooling no overclock)

unholy, Jul 9, 2005
  15. ww_crimson

werty316

Good point there unholy.

werty316, Jul 9, 2005
  16. ww_crimson

zachig

I think that DFI are the BEST mobo manufacturers for Overclockers!!!

zachig, Jul 10, 2005
  17. ww_crimson

mpcamer

AMD>*
    All I can say..

mpcamer, Jul 15, 2005
  18. ww_crimson

unholy

mpcamer.... thats the Spirit!... the AMD Spirit clouds our ever smart thoughts, INTEL IS A BAD CHOICE CHILDREN :|

unholy, Jul 16, 2005
  19. ww_crimson

mpcamer

I also have had many good motherboards from MSI and Abit.. Really want to get a DFI.. Just don't have the money now.. :(

mpcamer, Jul 17, 2005
  20. ww_crimson

unholy

i am saving for a SLI-D :D i hope they are good :D

unholy, Jul 17, 2005
    1. Advertising