POST Probe --- Rip off

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by PeeCee, Aug 19, 2009.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    Curiousity pushed me into asking for a quote on the products pushed by
    www.micro2000.co.uk

    I was mainily interested in a POST card to put into a couple of late model
    motherboards I'd diagnosed as 'dead'
    (ie was I right)

    Well beggar me you want to see the prices they want.

    <quote>
    1) Universal Diagnostic Toolkit - Normal RRP - £798 approx. NZD $1,968 plus
    shipping - special offer right now of £594 approx. NZD $1,460 including
    shipping.

    2) Toolkit Pro - Normal RRP £1,197 approx NZD $2,952 plus shipping - special
    offer right now of £794 approx NZD $1,952 including shipping.

    3) Post-Probe - Normal RRP £399 approx. NZD £984 plus shipping - special
    offer right now of £344 approx NZD $ 846 including shipping.
    </quote>

    Bloody hell!

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Aug 19, 2009

  2. On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:04:49 +1200, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    >Curiousity pushed me into asking for a quote on the products pushed by
    >www.micro2000.co.uk
    >
    >I was mainily interested in a POST card to put into a couple of late model
    >motherboards I'd diagnosed as 'dead'
    >(ie was I right)
    >
    >Well beggar me you want to see the prices they want.
    >
    ><quote>
    >1) Universal Diagnostic Toolkit - Normal RRP - £798 approx. NZD $1,968 plus
    >shipping - special offer right now of £594 approx. NZD $1,460 including
    >shipping.
    >
    >2) Toolkit Pro - Normal RRP £1,197 approx NZD $2,952 plus shipping - special
    >offer right now of £794 approx NZD $1,952 including shipping.
    >
    >3) Post-Probe - Normal RRP £399 approx. NZD £984 plus shipping - special
    >offer right now of £344 approx NZD $ 846 including shipping.
    ></quote>
    >
    >Bloody hell!
    >

    >Paul.

    Pretty much what I would expect in the way of prices. They sell
    relatively few of them, and they are not the easiest things to design.
    All test equipment tends to be expensive. Logic analysers start at
    over $100,000 now.

    Stephen Worthington, Aug 19, 2009

  3. PeeCee

    J.Wilson Guest

    "Stephen Worthington" <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 00:04:49 +1200, "PeeCee" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Curiousity pushed me into asking for a quote on the products pushed by
    >>www.micro2000.co.uk
    >>
    >>I was mainily interested in a POST card to put into a couple of late model
    >>motherboards I'd diagnosed as 'dead'
    >>(ie was I right)
    >>
    >>Well beggar me you want to see the prices they want.
    >>
    >><quote>
    >>1) Universal Diagnostic Toolkit - Normal RRP - £798 approx. NZD $1,968
    >>plus
    >>shipping - special offer right now of £594 approx. NZD $1,460 including
    >>shipping.
    >>
    >>2) Toolkit Pro - Normal RRP £1,197 approx NZD $2,952 plus shipping -
    >>special
    >>offer right now of £794 approx NZD $1,952 including shipping.
    >>
    >>3) Post-Probe - Normal RRP £399 approx. NZD £984 plus shipping - special
    >>offer right now of £344 approx NZD $ 846 including shipping.
    >></quote>
    >>
    >>Bloody hell!
    >>

    >>Paul.

    > Pretty much what I would expect in the way of prices. They sell
    > relatively few of them, and they are not the easiest things to design.
    > All test equipment tends to be expensive. Logic analysers start at
    > over $100,000 now

    I've seen them sell on Trademe for $30 to $40.

    but.. QMB tells me they are useless and unreliable

    J.Wilson, Aug 19, 2009
  4. PeeCee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs PeeCee wrote:
    > Curiousity pushed me into asking for a quote on the products pushed by
    > www.micro2000.co.uk
    >
    > I was mainily interested in a POST card to put into a couple of late
    > model motherboards I'd diagnosed as 'dead'
    > (ie was I right)
    >
    > Well beggar me you want to see the prices they want.
    >
    > <quote>
    > 1) Universal Diagnostic Toolkit - Normal RRP - £798 approx. NZD
    > $1,968 plus shipping - special offer right now of £594 approx. NZD
    > $1,460 including shipping.
    >
    > 2) Toolkit Pro - Normal RRP £1,197 approx NZD $2,952 plus shipping -
    > special offer right now of £794 approx NZD $1,952 including shipping.
    >
    > 3) Post-Probe - Normal RRP £399 approx. NZD £984 plus shipping -
    > special offer right now of £344 approx NZD $ 846 including shipping.
    > </quote>
    >
    > Bloody hell!

    Hi Paul,

    If you want to spend less and try something that might help diagnose a
    'dead' motherboard here are a few URLs for you to look at:

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 20, 2009