    I have a Asus K8V-X with a AMD Athlon 64, a Serial Maxtor HD, and a Radeon
    9550 AGP Video Card.
    Thanks in advance if you can help.
    =?Utf-8?B?QXp1cmUwMw==?=, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Without knowing the exact stop error message that is being generated, we
    can't be certain, but the most common cause we've seen is a bad SATA/RAID
    driver. The drivers are loaded differently during the initial text mode
    install than wen that first GUI stage kicks in, and we have seen problems.
    Go to ASUS and download the latest drivers for your SATA controller, or to
    the controller's own web site, or to www.planetamd64.com. Copy the drvdsk
    folder to a formatted floppy, and insert that floppy during initial
    installation when you see the Press F6 notice.

    See: http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/07/25/59560.aspx
    and: http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx

    --
    Charlie.