    the variable and making a test or educated guess as to the ISO that
    will be required is the best choice.

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34067294

    RichA, Dec 26, 2009

  2. RichA

    NameHere Guest

    On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:24:51 -0800 (PST), RichA <>
    wrote:

    >They can't be all things to all people. There comes a time when you
    >have to go full manual to control a photographic situation. Yes, it
    >would be nice to have a Auto ISO mode that would allow you to set a
    >minimum shutter speed based on the lens you have attached, but in lieu
    >of that, controlling the shutter speed manually and using aperture as
    >the variable and making a test or educated guess as to the ISO that
    >will be required is the best choice.
    >
    >http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34067294

    Wow, you're amazed at what REAL photographers have been doing for many
    decades?

    I'm not really surprised. All you DSLR snapshooter trolls don't have a clue
    what photography entails anyway.

    NameHere, Dec 26, 2009

  3. RichA

    RustY © Guest

    "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > They can't be all things to all people..................

    So true.

    RustY ©, Dec 26, 2009
  4. In article
    <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    > They can't be all things to all people. There comes a time when you
    > have to go full manual to control a photographic situation. Yes, it
    > would be nice to have a Auto ISO mode that would allow you to set a
    > minimum shutter speed based on the lens you have attached, but in lieu
    > of that, controlling the shutter speed manually and using aperture as
    > the variable and making a test or educated guess as to the ISO that
    > will be required is the best choice.

    Try a Nikon. I get auto ISO in the range I specify. I can run in
    program mode and adjust shutter/aperture by twirling a knob. I can
    press a button and twirl the same knob to adjust EV. It is all in
    knowing your controls. You can keep it as simple as you need it to be
    or as complicated as you want it to be.

    Robert Peirce, Dec 31, 2009