    Could this be a worm or virus?

    TIA

    P3 800 running Win XP Pro
    Razor, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Razor

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Razor said:

    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop that was not
    > there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot execute it or even look at its
    > properties, when I right click the icon a text box comes up and says "create
    > shortcut" and when I click on this it says "Windows could not create the
    > shortcut. Check to see if thr disk is full"
    >
    > Could this be a worm or virus?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    If the name of the icon is ~ you can safely delete it, as it is just a copy of
    your address book, created by a bug in OE when you add people.
    Brian H¹©, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Razor

    Razor Guest

    No it looks like a notepad or clipboard icon

    Thanks again

    Razor, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Razor

    Eugene Kent Guest

    I have the same problem.
    But I run XP Home.
    It comes on as a short cut when a name is added to the address book. But I
    never use the address book to enter names. It happens when a e-comes in.
    Then some e-mails comes into the address book.

    Eugene Kent, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Razor

    °Mike° Guest

    What does your antivirus tell you?

    How do I delete an 'undeletable' file
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

    Disk Management - Delete Undeletable Files
    http://www.petri.co.il/delete_undeletable_files.htm

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:52:49 GMT, in
    <ROWdb.17258$>
    Razor scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Just delete it.

    --
    "Razor" <> wrote in message
    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop that was not
    > there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot execute it or even look at

    its
    > properties, when I right click the icon a text box comes up and says

    "create
    > shortcut" and when I click on this it says "Windows could not create the
    > shortcut. Check to see if thr disk is full"
    >
    > Could this be a worm or virus?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > P3 800 running Win XP Pro

    ---
    BananaPannaPoe-, Sep 29, 2003
  7. Razor

    Razor Guest

    My AV Prog say everything is fine, No Infection.

    Razor, Sep 30, 2003
  8. Razor

    Razor Guest

    Well I would if i could do anything with it :(

    Razor, Sep 30, 2003
  9. Razor

    °Mike° Guest

    And did you check the links I gave?

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 01:04:21 GMT, in
    <pE4eb.17587$>
    Razor scrawled:

    °Mike°, Sep 30, 2003
  10. "Razor" <> wrote in message
    > Well I would if i could do anything with it :(

    drag it kicking and screaming into the waste bin.....
    Bryan Henderson, Sep 30, 2003
  11. Razor

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Razor" <> wrote in

    > I turned on my PC today and there is a new Icon on my desktop that was
    > not there yesterday, it has no title and I cannot execute it or even
    > look at its properties, when I right click the icon a text box comes
    > up and says "create shortcut" and when I click on this it says
    > "Windows could not create the shortcut. Check to see if thr disk is
    > full"
    >
    > Could this be a worm or virus?

    What does your Anti Virus software say?
    Petit Alexi, Sep 30, 2003