*possible* Trojan

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by el duderino, May 7, 2004.

  1. el duderino

    el duderino Guest

    I ran the on-line 'Bitdefender' scan of my 'puter and got this result.
    However, when I ran AVG Pro (updated) and Trend Houscall online scan they
    picked up nothing.

    RESULTS FROM 'BITDEFENDER':

    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
    Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to disinfect
    C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected: Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
    C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to disinfect

    Please could anyone tell me whether I should take notice of this and whether
    it is safe to delete them. I rum XP Pro and I think it would be a bad move
    to dewlete the 'Login.exe' file but can find no mention of the 'b1.exe' file
    on the MS Knowledge Base.

    Any help gratefully received, Thanks

    el duderino, May 7, 2004

  2. el duderino

    Boomer Guest

    "el duderino" <> did say:

    > I ran the on-line 'Bitdefender' scan of my 'puter and got this
    > result. However, when I ran AVG Pro (updated) and Trend Houscall
    > online scan they picked up nothing.
    >
    > RESULTS FROM 'BITDEFENDER':
    >
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
    > Backdoor.SDBot.Gen
    > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogin.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to
    > disinfect C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) infected:
    > Backdoor.SDBot.Gen C:\WINDOWS\b1.exe=>(PE-Diminisher) unable to
    > disinfect
    >

    > Please could anyone tell me whether I should take notice of this
    > and whether it is safe to delete them. I rum XP Pro and I think
    > it would be a bad move to dewlete the 'Login.exe' file but can
    > find no mention of the 'b1.exe' file on the MS Knowledge Base.
    >
    > Any help gratefully received, Thanks

    Hi

    I just looked up 'Backdoor.SDBot.Gen' at their site.
    http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/virusinfo.php?menu_id=1&v_id=177

    According to your message it seems like Bitdefender is "unable to
    disinfect".

    And from the above link
    "Removal instructions:

    Once an infected file has been identified, the process should be
    terminated, the registry key
    removed and the file deleted."

    And you might want to read the 'solution' here:
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=BKDR_SD
    BOT.GEN

    HTH

    Boomer, May 7, 2004