    possible for me so set individual connection speeds for different computers?
    I'd like to dial back a few users that are downloading stuff and give more
    access to the server for people accessing it offsite?
    HotRod, Dec 16, 2005

  2. From: "HotRod" <>

    | I have an office with 10 PC's connected to a linksys Wireless G Router. Two
    | of these computers are servers and are hard wired into the router. Is it
    | possible for me so set individual connection speeds for different computers?
    | I'd like to dial back a few users that are downloading stuff and give more
    | access to the server for people accessing it offsite?

    I don't think you can without extra equipment that specifically limits user bandwidth.

    I sincerely hope that you have fully secured that wireless network or your company data and
    security is greatly "at risk".

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    David H. Lipman, Dec 16, 2005

  3. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    I didn't say anything about security this is a speed issue.

    HotRod, Dec 16, 2005
  4. David H. Lipman, Dec 16, 2005
  5. check documentation of your router I dont think it supports tarffic shaping,
    I sugest you to buy any cisco wireless router if intrested to provide
    reliable services.

    Simas Kvilius, Dec 16, 2005
  6. yes there is a way to restrict connection speed here is a lisst of steps to
    help you with that
    -open your network connections window(for me i go to control pannel through
    start to find it)
    -right click on your wireless network connection and select properties
    -click configure then click the advanced tab
    - scroll down to "rate" and select it now you should be able to set your
    connection rate by using the values on the right.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFtZXM=?=, Dec 17, 2005
  7. HotRod

    HotRod Guest

    Access to our site is only through VPN and all of our networks have 128 bit
    WAP encryption.

    HotRod, Dec 19, 2005