    Note, one of the ISPs is TelstraClear, who don't give
    you ADSL unless you also sign up with them for
    home phone line.
    Old Wolf, Nov 23, 2007

  2. Old Wolf

    sam Guest

    Old Wolf wrote:
    > If you have two phone lines into your house, is it possible
    > to get ADSL from two different ISPs ?
    >
    > Note, one of the ISPs is TelstraClear, who don't give
    > you ADSL unless you also sign up with them for
    > home phone line.

    Yes it is possible for each line to be a different ADSL connection, just
    as if they were in adjacent apartments
    sam, Nov 23, 2007

  3. Old Wolf

    Alan Guest

    "Old Wolf" <> wrote in message
    > If you have two phone lines into your house, is it possible
    > to get ADSL from two different ISPs ?
    >
    > Note, one of the ISPs is TelstraClear, who don't give
    > you ADSL unless you also sign up with them for
    > home phone line.

    This is definately possible, but if you want to use both connections
    simultaneously, you'll need a router / modem setup that can handle
    that.

    There are certainly models that will do it to provide failover in the
    case of one DSL connection dying.

    Of course, if one goes for some reason, it's possible the other will
    go too!

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.