    ParaMind Brainstorming Software -- We make an easy to use,
    totally-customizable brainstorming software with a small learning curve.
    http://www.paramind.net
    ParaMind Brainstorming Software, Jun 17, 2004

  2. ParaMind Brainstorming Software

    Moz Champion Guest

    ParaMind Brainstorming Software wrote:

    > I think it would be great to be able to master the Netscape/Mozilla e-mail
    > interfaces so that I could have a database of e-mail that would cover many
    > years. I've used Netscape for my mail client since around 1996. I know that
    > it could be done, but some early attempts have failed.
    >
    > What are the relationships of the files to each other. For instance,
    > there are inbox and inbox.msf. If the msf file does not match the file with
    > the title name only, does that screw up the system? Can you rewrite the msf
    > file to operate if you only have the title named file
    > (that is, if you have inbox but not inbox.msf). Is there anything else to
    > know?
    >

    > --
    > ParaMind Brainstorming Software -- We make an easy to use,
    > totally-customizable brainstorming software with a small learning curve.
    > http://www.paramind.net

    Each file/folder has its own .msf file, which is simply the index file of the underlying file that Mozilla/Netscape 7 uses. If you delete the .msf file, it will be rebuilt the next time you access that particuler file.

    Mozilla/Netscape 7 uses the 'standard' mbox format to keep mail

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Thanks, that was helpful and saved me from losing access to a lot of important
    e-mail.
    ParaMind Brainstorming Software, Jun 17, 2004