Possible TIFF plugin problem?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by eveversion4, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. eveversion4

    eveversion4 Guest

    I was a little unsure what ng to post this too, so I thought I'd try
    here first and maybe someone can give me an answer or point me in the
    right direction. Its not really pressing matter but I just want to see
    if I can fix it easily. I've never really had any problems with Mozill
    and have been using it since version 1.2. I'm currently Mozilla 1.5 on
    Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.

    I was reading the my Techtv newsletters today and when I was reading the
    Xplay (show about video games) newsletter I click on a link to go to the
    archive for the site to read a story I'd missed; here's the link:
    http://www.techtv.com/xplay/archive/

    The page displays fine until I get down to the MSN ad at the bottom.
    Inside the ad box, there is embed that displays the Netscape Plugin icon
    that you get when you don't have a certain plugin installed and if you
    click on it, it directs you to the Netscape Plugin finder.

    I tried that and downloaded the TiffSurfer plugin which I was not able
    to get it to work with the Xplay archive page but I was able to get it
    to work with the testpages for the plugin; I also remembered to disable
    the Quicktime plugin (I have QT 6.5) in the Quicktime preferences. Same
    thing goes for the AlternaTIFF plugin which is posted on the Mozilla
    plugin site; works fine on its own test pages but does not work with the
    Xplay archive page.

    Like I said, its not a big deal but I just wonder if there is a fix for
    this. There seems to be a few entries for this on Buzilla but not for
    Windows, only Linux and Mac. I will defintely post to Buzilla if I can't
    find a solution.

    Thanks in advance,

    eve

    Please remove dontsendmecrap to contact me.

    eveversion4

    eveversion4, Feb 28, 2004

  2. eveversion4

    eveversion4 Guest

    eveversion4 wrote:
    > I was a little unsure what ng to post this too, so I thought I'd try
    > here first and maybe someone can give me an answer or point me in the
    > right direction. Its not really pressing matter but I just want to see
    > if I can fix it easily. I've never really had any problems with Mozill
    > and have been using it since version 1.2. I'm currently Mozilla 1.5 on
    > Windows 2000 Service Pack 4.
    >
    > I was reading the my Techtv newsletters today and when I was reading the
    > Xplay (show about video games) newsletter I click on a link to go to the
    > archive for the site to read a story I'd missed; here's the link:
    > http://www.techtv.com/xplay/archive/
    >
    > The page displays fine until I get down to the MSN ad at the bottom.
    > Inside the ad box, there is embed that displays the Netscape Plugin icon
    > that you get when you don't have a certain plugin installed and if you
    > click on it, it directs you to the Netscape Plugin finder.
    >
    > I tried that and downloaded the TiffSurfer plugin which I was not able
    > to get it to work with the Xplay archive page but I was able to get it
    > to work with the testpages for the plugin; I also remembered to disable
    > the Quicktime plugin (I have QT 6.5) in the Quicktime preferences. Same
    > thing goes for the AlternaTIFF plugin which is posted on the Mozilla
    > plugin site; works fine on its own test pages but does not work with the
    > Xplay archive page.
    >
    > Like I said, its not a big deal but I just wonder if there is a fix for
    > this. There seems to be a few entries for this on Buzilla but not for
    > Windows, only Linux and Mac. I will defintely post to Buzilla if I can't
    > find a solution.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > eve

    [snip]

    By the way, this behavior only occurs when at the Xplay archive site
    from the above URL. I've been able to open other tiff files on other
    sites which makes me wonder if it could be something else or just an
    error by the person that built the page. The embed is also missing on
    when viewed in Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1.

    eveversion4, Feb 28, 2004