    Thanks again to all who answered.

    Regards

    John

    JohnUK, May 29, 2004

  2. JohnUK

    w_tom Guest

    Stop wildly replacing things based only upon a feeling. If
    those numbers were correct, then even the disk drive could not
    pass its diagnostic. Based upon facts as provided, if
    anything was replaced, then you were wasting money on wild
    specutlations.

    Again, get back, first, to basic facts. What measured those
    voltages and where were voltages measured. Currently you have
    no reason to suspect power supply because if those voltages
    were correct, then your computer was not even booting.

    As for that temperature - not reason for your failures.
    Temperature may be so high that computer cannot work in a 100
    degree F room. That would be a problem. But those
    temperatures do not account for your current problems.

    w_tom, May 30, 2004