    after setting up the network, to copy the Access program from my desktop to
    my laptop for use away from home? Thanks in advance for your help with
    this.

    Phyllis, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Phyllis

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Since you are posting it in the Wireless Newsgroup I guess you would like to
    establish a Wireless Network. (The principles would apply to Wire as well).

    The content of the following links will provide you with a short tutorial
    about Wireless; it is short and to the point.
    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing.

    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -

    Wireless Basic - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122
    The page above was written by me ages ago. You might ignore the prices and
    Brand recommendations. The principles however are still the same.

    Network Installation: http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

    Internet -Basic protection: http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html

    Internet Infestation: http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Phyllis" <> wrote in message
    > I have recently purchased a Compaq laptop running Windows XP with internal
    > wireless and have set up access with my older desktop running Windows 98SE
    > through a Netgear router. However, during that setup I don't remember

    doing
    > anything about setting up a network between the two computers. Well, I

    know
    > I didn't if it wasn't part of the instructions to set up the router. I

    was
    > too stressed after that to worry about a network. Now I think I would

    like
    > to set up a network, how do I do this? The main reason is I have business
    > accounts set up in Access 97 on my desktop computer. Would it be

    possible,

    Jack, Sep 3, 2004