    sipura. Provider is sipgate.

    Comments anyone? Do I need these two ports open, or is it an hack attempt?

    Tony
    Tony, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Tony

    Mike Zanker Guest

    On 6/8/05 21:14, Tony wrote:

    > Just wondering why I keep getting logged denial of service on ports
    > 1026/1027 from my DG834G. Are these two ports used by VoIP? Im using a
    > sipura 1001, with the DG834G setup as DMZ on the IP address used by the
    > sipura. Provider is sipgate.
    >
    > Comments anyone? Do I need these two ports open, or is it an hack attempt?

    It's almost certainly unwanted traffic. These ports are used by the
    messenger service (something internal to Windows, not to be confused
    with Windows/MSN Messenger). It allows a pop-up message to appear on the
    desktop, hence spammers are trying to use this to send spam straight to
    the desktop.

    I get a few thousand of these per day blocked by my firewall - a common
    source address appears to be 218.83.155.175.

    Mike.
    Mike Zanker, Aug 7, 2005