portmgr.exe

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?Ympu?=, May 8, 2006.

  1. I have windows xp with a error message Portmgr.exe has a problem and needs to
    shut down which dosn't happen and I cannot get it to go away
    =?Utf-8?B?Ympu?=, May 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ympu?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    I believe this file is the PowerAlert Port Manager Engine
    usually located at :
    C:\Program Files\Tripp Lite\PowerAlert\Engine\portmgr.exe

    Here are some possible ideas :

    1. Try reinstalling the program.If however, you do not use this
    program, Uninstall the program completely.

    2. If you find that above mentioned folder and files do not exist, and
    the program has been unistalled, it means that the program unistalled
    incompletely, and has left behind an entry in the registry, as a
    Windows service.

    So you will have to manually delete the Windows service.

    Lemme know what you find,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.
    Cerebrus, May 9, 2006