    costs with two or three other students. I've taught PCs in adult ed
    for six years, and know I learn better in a small study group than by
    myself. Serious students needed.

    John Bartley K7AAY, Jan 17, 2008

  2. I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not 'worthy'
    of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to contribute to your
    little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jan 17, 2008

  3. John Bartley K7AAY

    Bill Hileman Guest

    "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    > I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not
    > 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to
    > contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says
    > or does? What gives? ;-)

    It's a long time to expect someone to hold their breath.

    Solution: hold the sessions OUTDOORS (duh)

    Bill Hileman, Jan 17, 2008
  4. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    "Bill Hileman" <> wrote in message
    > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not
    >> 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to
    >> contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker
    >> says or does? What gives? ;-)

    > It's a long time to expect someone to hold their breath.
    >
    > Solution: hold the sessions OUTDOORS (duh)

    Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
    *takes a deep breath*
    Now I remember why I quit

    CBIC, Jan 17, 2008
  5. John Bartley K7AAY

    Briscobar Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message

    > Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
    > *takes a deep breath*
    > Now I remember why I quit

    I quit smoking because it started interfering with the drinking.

    Briscobar, Jan 17, 2008
  6. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message

    > "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Man, I miss smoking sometimes. Like right now...
    >> *takes a deep breath*
    >> Now I remember why I quit

    > I quit smoking because it started interfering with the drinking.

    That's a good reason. I quit smoking because it started interfering with the
    breathing.

    CBIC, Jan 17, 2008
  7. On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    <> wrote:
    > I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers not 'worthy'
    > of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able to contribute to your
    > little group? Do you not believe anything a smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

    Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
    leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
    odour when they come into our house.

    Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
    inside? Ans: We don't.

    John Bartley K7AAY, Jan 18, 2008
  8. John Bartley K7AAY

    catwalker63 Guest

    John Bartley K7AAY <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    > <> wrote:
    >> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers
    >> not 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able
    >> to contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a
    >> smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

    > Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
    > leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
    > odour when they come into our house.
    >
    > Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
    > inside? Ans: We don't.

    Hmmmm . . . . This one's a little small. I'd throw 'im back if I were
    you Rob

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jan 22, 2008
  9. "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > John Bartley K7AAY <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >> On Jan 17, 12:56 pm, "Robert Williams [CertGuard]"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>> I'm curious, why are you only looking for non-smokers? Are smokers
    >>> not 'worthy' of your time? Do you feel that a smoker wouldn't be able
    >>> to contribute to your little group? Do you not believe anything a
    >>> smoker says or does? What gives? ;-)

    >> Because my wife's a severe asthmatic, and has a bad reaction to
    >> leftover smoke. We can both smell smoke on smokers, and dislike the
    >> odour when they come into our house.
    >>
    >> Why else buy a home and maintain it if we have to invite smelly people
    >> inside? Ans: We don't.

    > Hmmmm . . . . This one's a little small. I'd throw 'im back if I were
    > you Rob
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Small asthmatic fish are no fun to eat. ;-)

    John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to cause you
    or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact all my smoking
    brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's safe to come out.

    --
    C "Hiding the dried fruit and scented candles" G

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jan 22, 2008
  10. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    > John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to
    > cause you or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact all my
    > smoking brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's safe to come
    > out.

    Why don't you just quit? I'm almost a year smoke free. Ah smell that fresh
    air.

    CBIC, Jan 22, 2008
  11. John Bartley K7AAY

    catwalker63 Guest

    "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to
    >> cause you or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact
    >> all my smoking brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's
    >> safe to come out.
    >>

    > Why don't you just quit? I'm almost a year smoke free. Ah smell that
    > fresh air.

    Yeah!! I just passed 11 years in November.

    catwalker63, Jan 22, 2008
  12. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    > "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> John, for all the smokers in the world, I apologize. We would hate to
    >>> cause you or your family any problems. Please, until I can contact
    >>> all my smoking brethren, stay inside. I'll let you know when it's
    >>> safe to come out.
    >>>

    >> Why don't you just quit? I'm almost a year smoke free. Ah smell that
    >> fresh air.
    >>

    > Yeah!! I just passed 11 years in November.

    Good for you CW.

    CBIC, Jan 23, 2008
  13. John Bartley K7AAY

    Jtyc Guest

    >> Yeah!! I just passed 11 years in November.
    >>

    > Good for you CW.

    I haven't smoked for over 3 times as long as that... :p

    Jtyc, Jan 23, 2008
  14. John Bartley K7AAY

    Bill Hileman Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >>> Yeah!! I just passed 11 years in November.
    >>>

    >> Good for you CW.

    > I haven't smoked for over 3 times as long as that... :p

    Well it's about time you started, then.

    Bill Hileman, Jan 23, 2008
  15. John Bartley K7AAY

    Jtyc Guest

    > Well it's about time you started, then.

    I agree. I have a pipe now that I smoke on occasion but I just can't seem
    to get hooked.

    maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

    Jtyc, Jan 23, 2008
  16. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> Well it's about time you started, then.

    > I agree. I have a pipe now that I smoke on occasion but I just can't seem
    > to get hooked.
    >

    > maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

    Put some crack in it. You'll get hooked.

    CBIC, Jan 23, 2008
  17. John Bartley K7AAY

    catwalker63 Guest

    "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in news:
    #:

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >>>
    >>> Why don't you just quit? I'm almost a year smoke free. Ah smell that
    >>> fresh air.
    >>>

    >> Yeah!! I just passed 11 years in November.
    >>

    > Good for you CW.

    I'd say good for both of us. Not only lovely smelling fresh air but our
    hair doesn't smell like an ash tray.

    catwalker63, Jan 23, 2008
  18. John Bartley K7AAY

    Jtyc Guest

    > Put some crack in it. You'll get hooked.

    Chocolate covered coffee beans?

    that doesn't sound half bad...

    Jtyc, Jan 23, 2008
  19. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    > "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in news:
    > #:
    >

    >> "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >>> "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >>> Yeah!! I just passed 11 years in November.
    >>>

    >> Good for you CW.
    >>

    > I'd say good for both of us. Not only lovely smelling fresh air but our
    > hair doesn't smell like an ash tray.

    True dat.

    CBIC, Jan 23, 2008
  20. John Bartley K7AAY

    CBIC Guest

    "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    >> Put some crack in it. You'll get hooked.

    > Chocolate covered coffee beans?
    >

    > that doesn't sound half bad...

    I was thinking more heroin soaked crack rocks.

    CBIC, Jan 23, 2008