    Yet some are saying that even that undermines the constitutional issue of
    voting. Does a city have the legal right to allow voting on a local basis?
    I don't see why not.

    richard, Sep 7, 2010

  2. richard

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 09:44:32 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Portland Maine is taking a step to allow LEGAL aliens the right to vote.
    > With just one little stipulation.
    > The voting is limited only to city elections and issues.
    >
    > Yet some are saying that even that undermines the constitutional issue
    > of voting. Does a city have the legal right to allow voting on a local
    > basis? I don't see why not.

    Back before we were called the United States it was pretty much do what
    you want. But since city government needs follow state and federal laws
    and that we are united into a nation I would expect some degree of
    allegiance with the constitution or national law should be maintained.

    Meat Plow, Sep 7, 2010

  3. richard

    n0i Guest

    On 9/7/2010 12:44 PM, richard wrote:
    > Portland Maine is taking a step to allow LEGAL aliens the right to vote.
    > With just one little stipulation.
    > The voting is limited only to city elections and issues.
    >
    > Yet some are saying that even that undermines the constitutional issue of
    > voting. Does a city have the legal right to allow voting on a local basis?
    > I don't see why not.

    Dammit! I don't want those freakin Greys votin in our lection!

    n0i

    n0i, Sep 8, 2010
  4. richard

    n0i Guest

    On 9/10/2010 8:12 PM, Hawkeye-X wrote:
    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:44:32 -0700, richard<> wrote:
    >
    >> Portland Maine is taking a step to allow LEGAL aliens the right to vote.
    >> With just one little stipulation.
    >> The voting is limited only to city elections and issues.
    >>
    >> Yet some are saying that even that undermines the constitutional issue of
    >> voting. Does a city have the legal right to allow voting on a local basis?
    >> I don't see why not.

    > St00pid,
    >
    > Make sense. Local elections are not under federal mandate.
    >
    > Hawkeye-X

    He's just pissed that the Greys won't abduct him and use the anal probe.

    n0i

    n0i, Sep 11, 2010