    If not I'll just record an answer phone message giving the new number!

    Many thanks

    Matthew

    Matt, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Matt

    Guest

    Matt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
    > gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?
    >
    > Of recent week incoming sipgate has been very flakey and its time to
    > dump it!
    >
    > If not I'll just record an answer phone message giving the new number!
    >
    > Many thanks
    >

    > Matthew

    Hi Matthew yes you can port from sipgate to voipfone

    Lee

    , Apr 19, 2006

  3. Peter Gradwell, Apr 19, 2006
  4. Matt

    Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:48:03 +0100, Peter Gradwell
    <> wrote:

    >> Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
    >> gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?

    >Yep.

    How?

    , Apr 19, 2006
  5. Matt

    Linus Surguy Guest

    wrote:

    >On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:48:03 +0100, Peter Gradwell
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>> Does anyone know if it is possible to port numbers from sipgate to
    >>> gradwell/voip.co.uk/voipfone etc etc?

    >>Yep.

    >How?

    Ask them to. That'll normally work!

    Linus

    www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
    Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

    Linus Surguy, Apr 21, 2006
  6. Matt

    Guest

    On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:36:05 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    wrote:

    >>>Yep.

    >>How?

    >Ask them to. That'll normally work!

    Which "them"? The from or the to?

    , Apr 21, 2006
  7. Matt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>>Yep.

    >>How?

    >Ask them to. That'll normally work!

    Does it require the consent of the incumbent VoIP provider to port a
    number elsewhere. If so, what happens if they object? Is the customer
    forced to give up his number if he wants to switch providers?

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Apr 22, 2006
  8. Matt

    Linus Surguy Guest

    Chris Blunt <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:36:05 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    >wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    >>>How?

    >>Ask them to. That'll normally work!

    >Does it require the consent of the incumbent VoIP provider to port a
    >number elsewhere. If so, what happens if they object? Is the customer
    >forced to give up his number if he wants to switch providers?

    You can't use portability to escape from any contractual commitments - its
    pretty much the same situation with mobile number portability with your mobile
    contract.

    Linus Surguy, Apr 22, 2006
  9. Matt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:42:18 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    wrote:

    >Chris Blunt <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:36:05 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    >>wrote:

    >>>Ask them to. That'll normally work!

    >>Does it require the consent of the incumbent VoIP provider to port a
    >>number elsewhere. If so, what happens if they object? Is the customer
    >>forced to give up his number if he wants to switch providers?

    >You can't use portability to escape from any contractual commitments - its
    >pretty much the same situation with mobile number portability with your mobile
    >contract.

    In my case, there is no contractual obligation.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Apr 24, 2006
  10. Matt

    Linus Surguy Guest

    >>>Does it require the consent of the incumbent VoIP provider to port a
    >>>number elsewhere. If so, what happens if they object? Is the customer
    >>>forced to give up his number if he wants to switch providers?

    >>You can't use portability to escape from any contractual commitments - its
    >>pretty much the same situation with mobile number portability with your mobile
    >>contract.

    >In my case, there is no contractual obligation.

    Then there shouldnt be a problem. To answer your earlier question it is likely
    that the original VoIP provider will be contacted to confirm that there is no
    contractual lock in, but other than that, you should be OK.

    Linus Surguy, Apr 24, 2006
  11. Matt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:49:07 GMT, (Linus Surguy)
    wrote:

    >>>You can't use portability to escape from any contractual commitments - its
    >>>pretty much the same situation with mobile number portability with your mobile
    >>>contract.

    >>In my case, there is no contractual obligation.

    >Then there shouldnt be a problem. To answer your earlier question it is likely
    >that the original VoIP provider will be contacted to confirm that there is no
    >contractual lock in, but other than that, you should be OK.

    Thanks. Its actually a Magrathea number I'll be looking to port.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Apr 25, 2006