    (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    Thanks
    Roger.

    Roger Barrett, Oct 13, 2006

  2. Roger Barrett

    Mr Man Guest

    Roger Barrett wrote:
    > Hi I want to port one of my sipgate numbers (magrathea number) to voip.co.uk
    > (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    > Thanks
    > Roger.

    I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    Mr Man, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Roger Barrett

    Jono Guest

    Mr Man was thinking very hard :
    > Roger Barrett wrote:
    >> Hi I want to port one of my sipgate numbers (magrathea number) to
    >> voip.co.uk (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    >> Thanks
    >> Roger.
    >>

    > I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    ......& I'm sure Sipgate say they no longer support losing numbers via
    the port process.

    Jono, Oct 13, 2006
  4. Roger Barrett

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Mr Man was thinking very hard :
    >> Roger Barrett wrote:
    >>> Hi I want to port one of my sipgate numbers (magrathea number) to
    >>> voip.co.uk (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Roger.
    >>>

    >> I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    > .....& I'm sure Sipgate say they no longer support losing numbers via
    > the port process.

    They may have an obligation to support it, or else their upstream
    provider may.

    Paul Cupis, Oct 13, 2006
  5. "Mr Man" <> wrote in
    message news:tURXg.132778$...
    > Roger Barrett wrote:
    >> Hi I want to port one of my sipgate numbers (magrathea number) to
    >> voip.co.uk (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    >> Thanks
    >> Roger.

    > I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    No - they've said they'll try and but cant promise as it depends on the
    owner of the number.

    I want to do it for the three way calling which sipgate still dont support
    and the fact the the call break-up seems a lot less on voip.co.uk than on my
    sipgate numbers.

    Roger Barrett, Oct 14, 2006
  6. Roger Barrett

    Jono Guest

    "Roger Barrett" <> wrote in message

    > "Mr Man" <> wrote in
    > message news:tURXg.132778$...
    >> Roger Barrett wrote:
    >>> Hi I want to port one of my sipgate numbers (magrathea number) to
    >>> voip.co.uk (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Roger.

    >> I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    > No - they've said they'll try and but cant promise as it depends on the
    > owner of the number.
    >
    > I want to do it for the three way calling which sipgate still dont support
    > and the fact the the call break-up seems a lot less on voip.co.uk than on
    > my sipgate numbers.

    What device are you using?

    I can have a three way call using Sipgate.

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  7. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > "Roger Barrett" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mr Man" <> wrote
    >> in message news:tURXg.132778$...
    >>> I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    >> No - they've said they'll try and but cant promise as it depends on
    >> the owner of the number.
    >>
    >> I want to do it for the three way calling which sipgate still dont
    >> support and the fact the the call break-up seems a lot less on
    >> voip.co.uk than on my sipgate numbers.

    > What device are you using?
    >
    > I can have a three way call using Sipgate.

    I also use 3-way calling with Sipgate, also with VoIP Stunt.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 14, 2006
  8. Roger Barrett

    NutCracker Guest

    On 2006-10-13 20:35:53 +0100, Mr Man
    <> said:

    > Roger Barrett wrote:
    >> Hi I want to port one of my sipgate numbers (magrathea number) to
    >> voip.co.uk (Gamma Telecoms number) - has anyone been able to do this?
    >> Thanks
    >> Roger.
    >>

    > I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    They certainly support the porting of a BT number over to them as I've done it!

    NutCracker, Oct 14, 2006
  9. Roger Barrett

    Mr Man Guest

    Ah, ok, I wonder if voip.co.uk will allow me to port my numbers out!

    Also three way calling is device dependent.

    And voip.co.uk don’t include second calls on your account in your
    discount package.

    Mr Man, Oct 14, 2006
  10. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh Jono:
    >> "Roger Barrett" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Mr Man" <> wrote
    >>> in message news:tURXg.132778$...
    >>> No - they've said they'll try and but cant promise as it depends on
    >>> the owner of the number.
    >>>
    >>> I want to do it for the three way calling which sipgate still dont
    >>> support and the fact the the call break-up seems a lot less on
    >>> voip.co.uk than on my sipgate numbers.

    >> What device are you using?
    >>
    >> I can have a three way call using Sipgate.

    > I also use 3-way calling with Sipgate, also with VoIP Stunt.
    >

    > --
    > DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    > PAYG Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    > Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

    I've got an SPA1001 and 2000 but sipgate say they dont support "conference"
    calling. How are you doing this then?

    Roger Barrett, Oct 14, 2006
  11. Thus spaketh Roger Barrett:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:Hw3Yg.35101$...
    >> Thus spaketh Jono:
    >>> "Roger Barrett" <> wrote in message

    >>> What device are you using?
    >>>
    >>> I can have a three way call using Sipgate.

    >> I also use 3-way calling with Sipgate, also with VoIP Stunt.
    >>

    > I've got an SPA1001 and 2000 but sipgate say they dont support
    > "conference" calling. How are you doing this then?

    I just press the recall button on my phone and then dial the other
    number and press recall to join the two calls.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 14, 2006
  12. Roger Barrett

    Jono Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated on Saturday :

    >> I've got an SPA1001 and 2000 but sipgate say they dont support
    >> "conference" calling. How are you doing this then?

    > I just press the recall button on my phone and then dial the other number and
    > press recall to join the two calls.

    Snap.

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  13. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated on Saturday :
    >

    >>> I've got an SPA1001 and 2000 but sipgate say they dont support
    >>> "conference" calling. How are you doing this then?

    >> I just press the recall button on my phone and then dial the other number
    >> and press recall to join the two calls.

    > Snap.

    Doh - I dont know why I didnt just try it anyway. Seems to work fine. Any
    idea why they put
    "Unfortunately, we cannot offer telephone conferencing by SIP at the
    moment." on the website. Is SIP conferencing something different?

    Thanks for the help - now the decision will just be down to which service
    gives better call quality. My sipgate lines seem to have been suffering a
    lot again lately even on a 10MB line.

    Roger Barrett, Oct 14, 2006
  14. Roger Barrett

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated on Saturday :
    >

    > > > I've got an SPA1001 and 2000 but sipgate say they
    > > > dont support "conference" calling. How are you doing
    > > > this then?

    > > I just press the recall button on my phone and then
    > > dial the other number and press recall to join the two
    > > calls.

    > Snap.

    That would be rather difficult for me, as recall on my phones is
    interpreted by the PABX..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  15. Roger Barrett

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones used his keyboard to write :

    >> > I just press the recall button on my phone and then
    >> > dial the other number and press recall to join the two
    >> > calls.

    >> Snap.

    > That would be rather difficult for me, as recall on my phones is interpreted
    > by the PABX..!

    That's presumably because your PBX is connected in between your phone &
    ATA?

    You'd have to work out if a double-hook-flash can be sent.

    Jono, Oct 14, 2006
  16. Roger Barrett

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones used his keyboard to write :

    > > > Snap.

    > > That would be rather difficult for me, as recall on my
    > > phones is interpreted by the PABX..!

    > That's presumably because your PBX is connected in
    > between your phone & ATA?

    Yes, all the phones are PABX extensions, the ATA's are connected to
    exchange line ports.

    > You'd have to work out if a double-hook-flash can be sent.

    Probably not, it's quite an old unit
    (http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/london16.htm)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  17. Roger Barrett

    Mr Man Guest

    Roger Barrett wrote:
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated on Saturday :

    >>> I just press the recall button on my phone and then dial the other number
    >>> and press recall to join the two calls.

    >> Snap.
    >>

    > Doh - I dont know why I didnt just try it anyway. Seems to work fine. Any
    > idea why they put
    > "Unfortunately, we cannot offer telephone conferencing by SIP at the
    > moment." on the website. Is SIP conferencing something different?
    >
    > Thanks for the help - now the decision will just be down to which service
    > gives better call quality. My sipgate lines seem to have been suffering a
    > lot again lately even on a 10MB line.

    Sipgates servers are in germany, Your 10mb connection is not going to be
    any better than a 1mb one :)

    I think they mean conferences, which you dial into and have generally
    more than three people.

    Mr Man, Oct 14, 2006
  18. Roger Barrett

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Mr Man"
    <> wrote
    in message
    > Roger Barrett wrote:

    [snip]

    > Sipgates servers are in germany, Your 10mb connection is
    > not going to be any better than a 1mb one :)

    AFAIK the servers are only used in the call setup process, they don't pass
    the audio through them.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Oct 14, 2006
  19. Roger Barrett

    Mr Man Guest

    > AFAIK the servers are only used in the call setup process, they don't pass
    > the audio through them.
    >
    > Ivor

    AFAIK the servers do pass the audio too :)

    Mr Man, Oct 14, 2006
  20. Paul Cupis wrote:
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Mr Man was thinking very hard :
    >>>>
    >>> I think voip.co.uk say they don't 'support' porting?

    >> .....& I'm sure Sipgate say they no longer support losing numbers via
    >> the port process.

    > They may have an obligation to support it, or else their upstream
    > provider may.

    I thought only BT were obliged to allow you to port a number away from them.

    Thomas Kenyon, Oct 15, 2006