    is to divert the sipgate number to the bt bb talk number but that
    would show the wrong number on outgoing calls.

    Any help appreciated.

    John, Jun 24, 2011

  2. "John" wrote in message news:...

    Is it possible?

    I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2) so I
    was wondering if I can port the number across. The other alternative
    is to divert the sipgate number to the bt bb talk number but that
    would show the wrong number on outgoing calls.

    Any help appreciated.

    Ask BT, however they are not required to port any number in!

    Peter

    Peter Andrews, Jun 24, 2011

  3. John

    Owain Guest

    On Jun 24, 2:47 pm, John wrote:
    > Is it possible?
    > I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2)

    Hack the BT Homehub to use with other ISP?

    Or throw it in the nearest recycling box and get something that works?

    Owain

    Owain, Jun 24, 2011
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:34:54 -0700 (PDT), Owain
    <> wrote:

    >On Jun 24, 2:47 pm, John wrote:
    >> Is it possible?
    >> I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2)

    >Hack the BT Homehub to use with other ISP?

    That's an option, in fact I have just found out its the only option.
    BT stopped doing new broadbank talk in January and we got BT broadband
    late February.

    John, Jun 25, 2011
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:53:22 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
    <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible?
    >>
    >> I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2)

    >Why do you understand that?

    From what I've read, however it is possible I can hack it?

    John, Jun 25, 2011
  6. John

    Graham. Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Is it possible?
    >
    > I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2) so I
    > was wondering if I can port the number across. The other alternative
    > is to divert the sipgate number to the bt bb talk number but that
    > would show the wrong number on outgoing calls.
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Just leave the number with Sipgate and connect your own ATA to the homehub.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jun 25, 2011
  7. In article <>,
    John <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:53:22 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"John" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is it possible?
    >>>
    >>> I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2)

    >>Why do you understand that?

    >From what I've read, however it is possible I can hack it?

    I've had a lot of hassles trying to get a VoIP phone/ata, etc. to work
    behind a BT HomeHub device - I suspect it's becasue they are designed to
    be a SIP endpoint for BT's own service, so simply won't allow SIP through
    them. Replacing them with something else (almost anything else) is OK.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Jun 25, 2011
  8. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 04:44:58 +0100, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Is it possible?
    >>
    >> I understand that sipgate wont work with the homehub (version 2) so I
    >> was wondering if I can port the number across. The other alternative
    >> is to divert the sipgate number to the bt bb talk number but that
    >> would show the wrong number on outgoing calls.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated.

    >Just leave the number with Sipgate and connect your own ATA to the homehub.

    That seems to be my best option, many thanks.

    John, Jun 25, 2011
  9. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:55:16 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >John <> wrote:
    >>On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:53:22 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"John" <> wrote in message

    >>>Why do you understand that?

    >>From what I've read, however it is possible I can hack it?

    >I've had a lot of hassles trying to get a VoIP phone/ata, etc. to work
    >behind a BT HomeHub device - I suspect it's becasue they are designed to
    >be a SIP endpoint for BT's own service, so simply won't allow SIP through
    >them. Replacing them with something else (almost anything else) is OK.

    My HTC Wildfire handles sip through the WiFi fine, so I'm guessing an
    ATA will be ok?

    Could it be that as they no longer offer bb talk from last January
    (which affects me) the bt sip config on the hub has been removed?
    (That's a wild guess)

    The hub phone they sent rings when someone phones the house phone

    John, Jun 25, 2011
  10. John

    Roger Guest

    On 25/06/2011 09:55, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > John<> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:53:22 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "John"<> wrote in message

    >>> Why do you understand that?

    >> From what I've read, however it is possible I can hack it?

    > I've had a lot of hassles trying to get a VoIP phone/ata, etc. to work
    > behind a BT HomeHub device - I suspect it's becasue they are designed to
    > be a SIP endpoint for BT's own service, so simply won't allow SIP through
    > them. Replacing them with something else (almost anything else) is OK.
    >
    > Gordon

    just change the SIP port that the ATA uses from 5060 (the standard one)
    to something else and it should work. I had multiple ATAs running behind
    a homehub like that.

    Roger, Jun 25, 2011