Portable wireless cannot see or be seen (by) other PCs in the grou

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. I have a network at home through a D-Link wired DI-707P router where every PC
    can see each other, and go to internet.

    I recently added a wireless D-Link DI-524 router which is configured as an
    access point, so I can use a wireless portable. The DI-524 go to the DI-707P.

    The portable can connect to internet with no problem: so the DI-524 seems
    well configured as access point. (There is also a VoIP adapter connected to
    the DI-524, so *yes* it work). My wireless acces is secured (following the
    instructions you provided as well).

    The only remaining issue: I cannot see (or access) my other computers on the
    home network with the portable,nor can I see or access the portable from
    those other PCs. I named the portable as part of the same workgroup, gave it
    a IP adress compatible with the others, submask, and so on. Again, please
    keep in mind that the portable go through the DI-524, then the DI-707P and
    the latest go through ADSL modem, and go to web.

    Would you have any insight or suggestions about it ?

    Thanks,

    Rob
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=, Jan 23, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9i?=

    J Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:25:02 -0800, Rob <> wrote:

    >I have a network at home through a D-Link wired DI-707P router where every PC
    >can see each other, and go to internet.
    >
    >I recently added a wireless D-Link DI-524 router which is configured as an
    >access point, so I can use a wireless portable. The DI-524 go to the DI-707P.

    This MAY be similar to what happened to me, and if so is caused
    by two different addresses, so go to my online notes at
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith/ADOBE.HTM and click the link
    near the top for Wireless networking
    J, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Hi