    I am going on a 3 week trip to the Rockies and I need to find a portable
    storage device that will read my CF cards. I would prefer burning to a CD
    but a HD will do. Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.

    Petr, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Petr

    MikeS Guest

    "Petr" <> wrote in message
    news:RsuQc.16543$gE.15259@pd7tw3no...
    > I am going on a 3 week trip to the Rockies and I need to find a portable
    > storage device that will read my CF cards. I would prefer burning to a CD
    > but a HD will do. Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Do a google search fo info om portable storage. Hard drives are better

    than cd as they have more capacity. and some can play music. Another thing
    to consider is if you have a Six mega pixel camera its going to take a load
    of cd's to save ,say holiday snaps, if you dont have a six mp now camera you
    may use one in the future.

    MikeS

    MikeS, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Petr

    Mark Weaver Guest

    The Archos Gmini 120 20G MP3 player also has a built-in CF slot for use as a
    digital wallet. Can be had for around $200.

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Aug 5, 2004
  4. "Petr" <> writes:

    > I am going on a 3 week trip to the Rockies and I need to find a portable
    > storage device that will read my CF cards. I would prefer burning to a CD
    > but a HD will do. Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.

    Go to the storage and media section of dpreview.com where they discuss these
    devices all the time:

    There are several models out there that take media cards and burn to a CD.
    Many of these devices can also act as a portable DVD viewer if you get bored
    with scenery, and also display your pictures on TV (if you shoot JPG instead of
    RAW). The ones that I remember people talking about are the Apacer CP200 and
    Roadsor devices. Here is B&H's list of the devices they sell:

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=3369

    If already have an external CD/DVD burner and don't need to use batteries when
    you are doing the transfer, Delkin makes a device for $70 that copies from many
    cameras or USB mass storage devices to USB mass storage devices or CD/DVDs.

    If you have CF cards > 700 megabytes, somebody just announced a portable DVD
    burner that will copy from cards to DVDs (most of the portable CD burners that
    read CF will write multiple CDs if given a large card). I don't recall the
    name off the top of my head.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 5, 2004
  5. "Petr" <> wrote in news:RsuQc.16543$gE.15259@pd7tw3no:

    > I am going on a 3 week trip to the Rockies and I need to find a portable
    > storage device that will read my CF cards. I would prefer burning to a CD
    > but a HD will do. Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.

    Giga² 40 GB
    http://www.jobo.com/joboint/

    about 300 euros in europe

    Luc

    Luc Van Begin, Aug 5, 2004
  6. Petr

    Bernd Guest

    Hi!

    This is what I use... and I like it - well, the mp3 playback isn't the best
    on this planet, but anyway ;-)

    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/insidecomputer/30xprostwi8i.html

    Cheers
    Bernd

    Bernd, Aug 5, 2004
  7. Petr

    Blade Runner Guest

    On 05 Aug 2004 14:25:36 -0400, Michael Meissner <>
    wrote:

    =>"Petr" <> writes:
    =>
    =>> I am going on a 3 week trip to the Rockies and I need to find a portable
    =>> storage device that will read my CF cards. I would prefer burning to a CD
    =>> but a HD will do. Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.
    =>
    =>Go to the storage and media section of dpreview.com where they discuss these
    =>devices all the time:
    =>
    =>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1023
    =>
[...]

    Check this
    <http://www.addonics.com/products/mfr/aemfr842d.asp>

    Blade Runner, Aug 14, 2004
  8. Petr

    Bob Williams Guest

    Blade Runner wrote:
    > On 05 Aug 2004 14:25:36 -0400, Michael Meissner <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > =>"Petr" <> writes:
    > =>
    > =>> I am going on a 3 week trip to the Rockies and I need to find a portable
    > =>> storage device that will read my CF cards. I would prefer burning to a CD
    > =>> but a HD will do. Any info anyone has is greatly appreciated.
    > =>
    > =>Go to the storage and media section of dpreview.com where they discuss these
    > =>devices all the time:
    > =>
    > =>http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1023
    > =>
    > =>There are several models out there that take media cards and burn to a CD.
    > =>Many of these devices can also act as a portable DVD viewer if you get bored
    > =>with scenery, and also display your pictures on TV (if you shoot JPG instead of
    > =>RAW). The ones that I remember people talking about are the Apacer CP200 and
    > =>Roadsor devices. Here is B&H's list of the devices they sell:
    > =>
    > =>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=search&Q=&ci=3369
    > =>
    > =>If already have an external CD/DVD burner and don't need to use batteries when
    > =>you are doing the transfer, Delkin makes a device for $70 that copies from many
    > =>cameras or USB mass storage devices to USB mass storage devices or CD/DVDs.
    > =>
    > =>If you have CF cards > 700 megabytes, somebody just announced a portable DVD
    > =>burner that will copy from cards to DVDs (most of the portable CD burners that
    > =>read CF will write multiple CDs if given a large card). I don't recall the
    > =>name off the top of my head.
    >
    > Check this
    > <http://www.addonics.com/products/mfr/aemfr842d.asp>

    Kinko will transfer your images to a CD for around $10.
    Many Target stores and major drugstore chains have a Kodak Kiosk where
    you can burn a CD from your memory card for a modest price.
    If your camera uses CF cards, you can now buy a 512 MB card for about
    $60-70. That should accommodate at about 400 x 4.0 MB images at low
    compression
    With judicious culling, you can probably fit your entire vacation on one
    card. You don't really want to subject your family or guests to more
    than 400 pictures, do you?
    At worst you will only have to make one visit to Kinko or Target.

    Bob Williams, Aug 16, 2004