    another brand to recommend?

    Cheers,

    Andrew

    Andrew Morris, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Andrew Morris

    Frank ess Guest

    Andrew Morris wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently in the market for a Portable Storage Device, to be able
    > to copy photos from CF Flash to disk, whilst on holidays....
    >
    > Currently looking at the Vosonic, like at
    > http://www.vosonic.co.uk/vp2060.html....
    >
    > has anyone first hand experience of such a device they wish to share,
    > or another brand to recommend?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Andrew

    These write to CD, read DVD, battery or ac convertor operated:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/RDS/RDS.HTM

    Review of the same item with a different name:
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/addonics_mfr.html

    I've had one for a few weeks. It works. My only wishes are: it should be
    a little smaller and lighter; should fit in the very nice bag (supplied)
    without removing the external battery. Barring that, no complaints. I
    got mine from Addonics, two days turnaround from online order to front
    doorstep. Right at $300 with an extra battery.

    Frank ess, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Andrew Morris

    ;o\)-max- Guest

    "Andrew Morris"
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently in the market for a Portable Storage Device, to be able to
    > copy photos from CF Flash to disk, whilst on holidays....
    >
    > Currently looking at the Vosonic, like at
    > http://www.vosonic.co.uk/vp2060.html....
    >
    > has anyone first hand experience of such a device they wish to share, or
    > another brand to recommend?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Andrew

    I love mine, I think it is one of the cheapest out there
    and it does the job - don't waste money on fancy no
    use extra features.. When a battery driven portable
    storage device with dvd burner comes out, I will
    probably get that, I've tried the CD version it works,
    but they don't hold enough images if you are shooting
    RAW, you'll be logging too many CD's on a trip. ;o)-max-

    ;o\)-max-, Jun 28, 2004
  4. Andrew Morris

    Robertwgross Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    >I'm currently in the market for a Portable Storage Device, to be able to
    >copy photos from CF Flash to disk, whilst on holidays....
    >Currently looking at the Vosonic, like at
    >http://www.vosonic.co.uk/vp2060.html....
    >has anyone first hand experience of such a device they wish to share, or
    >another brand to recommend?

    Vosonics had their original product, the VP2030, and then they shifted to a
    later product, the VP2060. They dumped the VP2030 units without any hard disk
    drive inside, so the empty VP2030 was being sold cheaply. I bought an empty one
    and a laptop-style hard disk drive for a total of $140, and it works good.
    Vosonics products seem to show up with different brand labels on them.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Jun 28, 2004
  5. Andrew Morris

    ;o\)-max- Guest

    "Robertwgross" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Andrew wrote:
    > >I'm currently in the market for a Portable Storage Device, to be able to
    > >copy photos from CF Flash to disk, whilst on holidays....
    > >Currently looking at the Vosonic, like at
    > >http://www.vosonic.co.uk/vp2060.html....
    > >has anyone first hand experience of such a device they wish to share, or
    > >another brand to recommend?

    > Vosonics had their original product, the VP2030, and then they shifted to a
    > later product, the VP2060. They dumped the VP2030 units without any hard disk
    > drive inside, so the empty VP2030 was being sold cheaply. I bought an empty one
    > and a laptop-style hard disk drive for a total of $140, and it works good.
    > Vosonics products seem to show up with different brand labels on them.
    >
    > ---Bob Gross---

    The VP2030 is with USB 1,1 - transferring files can be very slow,
    I would spend a few $ more for the 2060, they sell without harddisc
    too, if you prefer that.. ;o)-max-

    ;o\)-max-, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Andrew Morris

    bagal Guest

    I posted this to another thread earlier today x 2

    I hope it helps

    <snipped>

    hmmm here am I sat at the computer thngy tuned into r.p.d and my newest
    digital photo mag is coincidently open at "DynaMO 640 Photo"

    Does it fit the bill? What is the bill?

    OK - try www.fel.fujitsu.com 640 MB disks - it looks battery operated

    will it work? I dunno?

    Does all of this make sense?

    das B

    bagal, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Andrew Morris

    Tom Scales Guest

    ";o)-max-" <> wrote in message

    > "Robertwgross" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > > Andrew wrote:
    > > >I'm currently in the market for a Portable Storage Device, to be able

    > > >copy photos from CF Flash to disk, whilst on holidays....
    > > >Currently looking at the Vosonic, like at
    > > >http://www.vosonic.co.uk/vp2060.html....
    > > >has anyone first hand experience of such a device they wish to share,

    or
    > > >another brand to recommend?

    > > Vosonics had their original product, the VP2030, and then they shifted

    to a
    > > later product, the VP2060. They dumped the VP2030 units without any hard

    disk
    > > drive inside, so the empty VP2030 was being sold cheaply. I bought an

    empty one
    > > and a laptop-style hard disk drive for a total of $140, and it works

    good.
    > > Vosonics products seem to show up with different brand labels on them.
    > >
    > > ---Bob Gross---

    > The VP2030 is with USB 1,1 - transferring files can be very slow,
    > I would spend a few $ more for the 2060, they sell without harddisc
    > too, if you prefer that.. ;o)-max-

    Except the VP2060 is NOT USB2. It is USB2-compatible. I was SHOCKED when
    mine performed barely better than USB1.1 speeds and they finally admitted it
    wasn't HISPEED USB2.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 28, 2004
  8. "Andrew Morris" <> writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently in the market for a Portable Storage Device, to be able to
    > copy photos from CF Flash to disk, whilst on holidays....
    >
    > Currently looking at the Vosonic, like at
    > http://www.vosonic.co.uk/vp2060.html....
    >
    > has anyone first hand experience of such a device they wish to share, or
    > another brand to recommend?

    I have the 2060 (aka x-drive II), and unfortunately it copies from the media
    card to the disk at about 1/2 the speed of other units, including the Image
    Bank I had before. Also, the battery isn't the longest lasting.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Jun 29, 2004