Portable Storage Device for SONY digital camera ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RickF1ab, Mar 31, 2005.

  1. RickF1ab

    RickF1ab Guest

    I am wanting a portable storage device for my Sony P100.

    I have come across the Epson P-2000 and the Iriver H320.
    The Iriver seems to be quite slow to display photos and transfer.
    Anyone had any experience? The Epson seems ok from what people are
    saying on this NG and in reviews. Has anyone had experience with
    either of these products? Also, what is the Epson like for playing
    MP3's?

    It is important that the unit takes Memory Stick Pro either directly
    into the unit or via usb and that the transfer rate is relatively
    quick.

    Also, can someone explain to me that if the unit says that it displays
    "Jpeg" not "Raw", does that mean that since the P100 produces pics in
    Jpegs that it can view these photos when tranferred straight from the
    camera to the unit (ie: not via a computer)? Some units say they
    won't display Sony images - is that only Raw or also Jpegs?

    Thanks in advance.

    RickF1ab, Mar 31, 2005