    the market? I've only ever heard of the players.

    Cheers

    John
    John, Jan 23, 2005

  2. John

    Ian Stirling Guest

    In alt.music.mp3.hardware John <> wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if there are currently any portable MP3 recorders on
    > the market? I've only ever heard of the players.

    Many.
    Most of the iriver flash players can do recording.
    http://www.iriver.com/

    For example, there are many other makers.
    Some of the very low end players just do low quality voice recording,
    not mp3 in reasonable quality.
    Ian Stirling, Jan 23, 2005

  3. John

    Chris W Guest

    John wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >I just wondered if there are currently any portable MP3 recorders on
    >the market? I've only ever heard of the players.

    The IAudio G3, U2 and many others record from built in mic, FM radio and
    line in port, all in mp3 format.

    --
    Chris W
    Gift Giving Made Easy

    "They that can give up essential liberty
    to obtain a little temporary safety
    deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
    Chris W, Jan 23, 2005
  4. John

    Mark Weiss Guest

    My Creative Zen Micro can record (in .WAV format) either from FM or its
    built-in microphone. (No facility for line-in or external mic-in.)

    Mark Weiss, Jan 24, 2005
  5. John

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:17:42 +0000, John <> wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >I just wondered if there are currently any portable MP3 recorders on
    >the market? I've only ever heard of the players.
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >John

    The Neuros does.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Jan 24, 2005
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:14:36 -0500, A strange species called Drifter
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:17:42 +0000, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>I just wondered if there are currently any portable MP3 recorders on
    >>the market? I've only ever heard of the players.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>
    >>John

    >The Neuros does.
    >
    >Drifter
    >"I've been here, I've been there..."

    Are there any with Optical In/Out?

    Thanks

    John
    John, Jan 24, 2005
  7. John

    me Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mp3 portable recorder&btnG=Google Searc
    Results 1 - 10 of about 4,160,000 for mp3 portable recorder. (0.27 seconds)

    not difficult to use Google

    me, Jan 25, 2005